Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BBS Mixtape VIII: It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Hybrid View

Default BBS Mixtape VIII: It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Hey guys, it's been a while, hasn't it? Let's see if we can put together another one of these. Now that these mixtapes have been mentioned on the BBS podcast, we might even get Noodles to listen to this, so let's take that as an incentive to get a good new mixtape together!
    Here is the description that Ryder1234 gave for one of the first mixtapes for those who don't really know what this is about yet:

What is it?
    A collection of mp3's performed by members of the forum. Basically a .zip/.rar file that people can download & listen to.

How many tracks?
    Around 15.

What are the qualifications?

Um, must be member of the forum, preferably posts in not just this forum. Does not have to be a band.. Instrumental is okay, too.

Let's just say that as long as it doesn't literally hurt my ears to listen to it, I'll okay it. Oh and as much as I love Pay The Man, 13-minute tracks rarely work so the track should be within considerable limits.

Doesn't have to be a new track, you could have recorded it in 2006 as long as it's by you/your band.

I would love if it was more original songs than covers but I guess covers are okay, too. Let's say you have an okay original song and a kickass cover; please submit the okay original song. The idea is to get your voice heard! :]

Anything else?

- Largely depends on the number of submissions but for now: 2 songs per artist/band, and I'll probably pick one of those.. Or send just one song if you feel confident enough in it.

- Genre can be anything but I would ask you to submit an approachable track; an 8 minute noise track might be the best thing you've ever done but will the others get into it?
    As the title suggests, I intend on having this released by Christmas. Submit your songs by the 12th of December! Who's in?
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

I'm up for this, as usual.
    I recorded a track with two friends a little over a year ago that I never really got anyone to listen to other than a few Facebook posts, so I'm happy submitting that.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

I'll definitely be submitting, I need any excuse to make music right now haha. I haven't finished anything since last summer, for no reason other than just being really lazy, but I've got some good ideas that just need assembling at this point. We'll see how it turns out

I wonder what kind of turnout we'll get for this, I'm not around enough anymore to know how active this place is now. Hopefully we can coax out most of the regulars
    Check out my music -> Random Goods

Good to see that you're in, Cone and Ryder!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryder1234 View Post
    I'll definitely be submitting, I need any excuse to make music right now haha. I haven't finished anything since last summer, for no reason other than just being really lazy, but I've got some good ideas that just need assembling at this point. We'll see how it turns out

I wonder what kind of turnout we'll get for this, I'm not around enough anymore to know how active this place is now. Hopefully we can coax out most of the regulars
    Same for me; I hope that we get a lot of the usual contributors to join us on this one but I have no idea who still posts here much because I've taken quite a break from the forums lately. I thought this would be a good reason to come back, though.
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Yeah I recorded a song this year I could contribute. Though it was Vera who came up with all the info about the mixtape
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Yeah I recorded a song this year I could contribute. Though it was Vera who came up with all the info about the mixtape
    Nice to see that you're in, too! Yeah, I just copied from the BBS Mixtape III thread, but I guess the instructions in there were basically the same as the ones by Vera for the very first one... can't believe this is the 5 year anniversary mixtape, btw!!

The Ricetigers

I can probably contribute something.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Quote Originally Posted by ad8 View Post
    Yeah, I just copied from the BBS Mixtape III thread, but I guess the instructions in there were basically the same as the ones by Vera for the very first one...
    I'm pretty sure I maybe changed the name of who to submit it to, and the deadline date Otherwise word for word.

I'm feeling like this could use a thread in GC at this point. Just a redirect to this one like last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryder1234 View Post
    I'm feeling like this could use a thread in GC at this point. Just a redirect to this one like last time.
    Good idea. Should I do that or are you going to take care of it?

Btw, Homer said that he would be up for compiling the thing again, so send your submissions to him!

The Ricetigers