Thread: Why is it bad manners to resurrect auld threads?

Default Why is it bad manners to resurrect auld threads?

Just wondering.

I really can't think of a reason either. It's not inherently bad, but it's probably hard to truly spur a good conversation from a resurrected thread.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

It may have to do with necrophilia?

Don't know either, I used to do it all the time. I Guess I'm an unpolite internet user.

Why do you spell your words like it's the 1700's?

Presumably she finds it an aesthetically pleasing affectation.

I rather enjoy it.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Back in the day, I used to get in trouble for that until I stopped. Though I still am curious as to why some would rather see an identical, new thread as opposed to a revived one (hasn't really been a problem here, though).

For me, I figure if I can contribute something truly interesting, then I'll take a shot at reviving it. If not, I let it be.

Actually I meant it as a joke, since "auld" is the "auld" spelling of "old". Does it strain your eyesight or what? *shrugs* Doesn't bother me a bit, and you can lump it.

Doesn't the admin contradict himself when he says that we should go for the search button rather than create a new thread for a subject that has been flogged to death? Since we are not meant to revive said threads.
    Last edited by Duskygrin; 10-29-2013 at 04:30 PM.

yeah, i know this shits getting to fucking old now. in the future, i'll make sure not to get tempted again. i am sorry guys.