Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weezer reuniting with Ric Ocasek on new album

Default Weezer reuniting with Ric Ocasek on new album

I just saw that Weezer will be reuniting with Ric Ocasek (who produced The Blue Album and The Green Album) as the producer for their next album. This should be the best Weezer album in years (I think either The Green Album or Maladroit was their last good album before they started putting out some half-good, half-lame stuff).

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/w...y_greatest_hit
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

The more recent stuff was surprisingly non-sucky. They're never really going to reach the same level of stuff they were doing with Blue and Pinkerton though, though I can appreciate stuff like Green and Maladroit too for more lightweight run-of-the-mill fun stuff. Blue's still a fucking amazing pop album though.

The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

"Everything Will Be Alright In The End" will be released on September 30th.

http://www.weezer.com/

I wonder if it's going to be on Epitaph Records?

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    I wonder if it's going to be on Epitaph Records?
    Apparently Weezer are not on Epitaph anymore. Their new album will be released on Republic Records.

The new Weezer single "Back to the Shack" will be released on July 22nd. Here's a 30-second premiere of the song:

http://www.webn.com/onair/shroom-436...o-the-12563423

I actually bothered to watch Jimmy (motherfucking toolbag) Fallon to catch the Weezer appearance, hadn't heard the new single until now.

It's balls. Just sounds like they're trying too hard or something, it's cool that the old producer's doing the record, but that song just feels really cynical and unnatural, like they're consciously trying to recapture "the old days" and it doesn't work.

Is it just me, or are Weezer's lyrics progressively getting more and more horrible with each release? Used to love these guys, but they're admittedly pretty bad and have been for pretty much 12-13 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    I actually bothered to watch Jimmy (motherfucking toolbag) Fallon to catch the Weezer appearance, hadn't heard the new single until now.

It's balls. Just sounds like they're trying too hard or something, it's cool that the old producer's doing the record, but that song just feels really cynical and unnatural, like they're consciously trying to recapture "the old days" and it doesn't work.

Is it just me, or are Weezer's lyrics progressively getting more and more horrible with each release? Used to love these guys, but they're admittedly pretty bad and have been for pretty much 12-13 years.
    Unfortunately Weezer have become a terrible band and I agree with you about Jimmy Fallon I can't stand that guy such an annoying douchebag

CraigyFerg all the way.

Even Conan's new show's become really tame, though he was a god back with Late Night.