Thread: this is wonderful

Hybrid View

Default this is wonderful

I don't usually pay any attention to viral videos but I love this one.

I'm definitely getting soft.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Cute video. Though there's some theories that the baby is crying because its actually confused because it doesn't recognize the mother's voice. All of the sudden, shit got real.

That kind of theory would usually interest me but in this case it just doesn't correlate with what we're seeing. The emotion on the baby's face is clear. That may not sound very scientific but in actuality average human beings are highly skilled at reading faces. Our instinctive feelings about what we're seeing are coming from millions of years of evolution. It's a finely honed ability.

If what you are suggesting were true the baby would surely display fear or agitation and it just simply does not. I suppose it would be pretty cool to actually monitor the kid's brain during this little performance and see which areas go nuts but honestly I really believe we should trust our own instincts on things like this more than any existing technology because I feel our instincts are actually more advanced when it comes to things like this.

I do have to wonder if we're being misled in some way though. I'd like to see what's happening off camera. Because to me that baby is clearly displaying an awe inspiring range and complexity of emotion that I struggle to accept a baby could be capable of. But it's beautiful to behold and absolutely fascinating, no matter which way you look at it.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Default thank you for sharing

it totally amazed the heart out of me. i'm touched by the baby's little reaction to he's mothers singing. Blessed them both.