Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who or what inspires the band?

Default Who or what inspires the band?

The Offspring they've been jamming together for over decades now. What makes them so rare and awesomely cool to the fans? Where do they get their inspiration from? Just wondering.
    Last edited by Dulce Maria; 11-03-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Both personal life stories and contemporary situations. also I think the fans inspire them

Quote Originally Posted by D0NT View Post
    Both personal life stories and contemporary situations. also I think the fans inspire them
    fans? how so?

Will they ever break-up anytime soon? Who's down for a tenth album from the offspring? Me. What makes a punk-rock band different than any other ones in the music world? Just curious.

1 members appreciate this post.

If "the band" you're referring to is The Offspring, they were inspired by mostly 70's or 80's punk bands like The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, Social Distortion, The Vandals, T.S.O.L., and Bad Religion. As for the "rare and awesomely cool" part, lots of people have been following or listening to The Offspring since Smash came out.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

2 members appreciate this post.

I think the OP is referring to what inspires the band to keep playing. They've already left their mark on the music industry, they're all financially well-off, and to top it off, they're going on their third decade playing as a band.

I can't speak for the others, but with Dexter and Noodles, they just enjoy writing and playing music. Dexter in particular; he had a bright future ahead of him anyways in terms of molecular biology, but his true passion lied within music. Their first album was more of an expense to them; there wasn't any real money made off of it, they just wanted to share their music with the world.

Obviously, the same goes for most bands, but many get tired over time and break up. At this point, I think Dexter, Noodles, and Greg are all good friends still doing what they enjoy. I have a feeling that as long as we have them, we'll have an Offspring (even if they don't release an album in five years).

who or what inspires the offspring now? have they gone in the studio to work on a couple of songs? i know they are busy touring. one more album that would be fucking awesome! this time, i'll get to see them. i'm confident for a tenth album because the future is now.
    Last edited by Dulce Maria; 11-11-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulce Maria View Post
    Who's down for a tenth album from the offspring?
    I think THEY are the ones who are "down" for the tenth album of The Offspring. You made it sound like we, the people of the forums, are laying down the album for them, organizing the production of it, it just sounds funny to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

1 members appreciate this post.

In past interviews Dexter and Noodles said that their favorite bands inspired them in the beginning. Is there anyone or thing new that inspires them.

Recently I had a dream that Dexter was sitting down at a desk writing a new song. I don't know who or what inspired him. I just know it was a great song!!!!

Greg K inspires the setlist!