Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Things you'll never live down

1 members appreciate this post.

Dulce Maria, you're a good example of why I hate religion. It fucks with people's heads. You're not a sinner. There's no such thing as sin. What is it that you do that you think is so bad? I sincerely doubt you're hurting anyone. Hurting people is bad. Anything else is fine.

I do not believe your god/jesus exists. But if he did, he would already know your supposed sins. He's supposed to know everything, right? And if he existed and wanted you to confess your sins surely he would give you the strength to do so. Or, you know, just help you not to sin in the first place.

The only redeeming feature of religion is that it gives people comfort and I wouldn't wish to take that from anyone. But your faith does not appear to be giving you any comfort. It is causing you guilt. Your god is making you feel bad. Does that seem right to you? Would the god that you believe in really want to make you suffer like this? You can see something is not right with this picture, surely.

I'm not saying you should stop believing in god necessarily. What I'm saying is your particular manifestation of faith, your particular religion, doesn't seem to be working for you. It's hurting you. Hurting people is bad. Perhaps it would be time to explore a different manifestation of faith? Just create your own if you want. It's as valid as any other.

Just ask yourself if the god you believe in would really want to make you feel bad. Start there. I think you'll start to see you deserve a better class of god. Because you haven't failed your god. Your god has failed you. Just consider it.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

She's completely crazed and here you are, reasoning with her.
    Or perhaps she comes from another planet - which would explain why I can't make head or tail of her posts.

Default anti-religious bitch

i stopped beliving in the non-sense. i quit everything about religion. anything the bible says is just fucking weird. period. shit! i'm one crazy ass chick that needs help with education, work relations, sex advice, fuck drugs, fuck alcohol, fuck the corrupted system. fuck it all up! smash it all up! ANARCHY all the way? ANTI-CHRIST? Santa is Satan? I AM SO PUNX RAWX N ROLL! #KILLUMINATI seriously, though, i'll let KARMA take it's course. I'm doomed. I'm cursed. I'm dead not alive. i don't hate the world nor the people, i hate the unfairness of it. i love me, myself and i. if only i could save an animal from being beating to death so a human could wear its fur for fun. but of course, i'm no angel. well, i'm off to the arts of music.

Right, well, good. Glad that's all settled then.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Glad we are now all on the same page.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

I'm hungry .

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Dulce Maria, you're a good example of why I hate religion. It fucks with people's heads. You're not a sinner. There's no such thing as sin. What is it that you do that you think is so bad? I sincerely doubt you're hurting anyone. Hurting people is bad. Anything else is fine.

I do not believe your god/jesus exists. But if he did, he would already know your supposed sins. He's supposed to know everything, right? And if he existed and wanted you to confess your sins surely he would give you the strength to do so. Or, you know, just help you not to sin in the first place.

The only redeeming feature of religion is that it gives people comfort and I wouldn't wish to take that from anyone. But your faith does not appear to be giving you any comfort. It is causing you guilt. Your god is making you feel bad. Does that seem right to you? Would the god that you believe in really want to make you suffer like this? You can see something is not right with this picture, surely.

I'm not saying you should stop believing in god necessarily. What I'm saying is your particular manifestation of faith, your particular religion, doesn't seem to be working for you. It's hurting you. Hurting people is bad. Perhaps it would be time to explore a different manifestation of faith? Just create your own if you want. It's as valid as any other.

Just ask yourself if the god you believe in would really want to make you feel bad. Start there. I think you'll start to see you deserve a better class of god. Because you haven't failed your god. Your god has failed you. Just consider it.
    Without getting into a deep religeous discussion, which I most certainly will not, it is not IF Jesus existed...it is a verifiable fact Jesus positively existed. It's not a myth or a legend, a story told of a land that never existed...Jesus absolutely was a living, breathing man same as you or I. You take it from wherever you choose as to the meaning of his existence. I do realize you used the term EXISTS...but to have a paragraph basically denying the existence of the man and then saying just make up some religion, it's as good as any other, shows your utter stupidty of the subject. If this is the best advise you can give a deply confused person, you might want to re-think your own stupidity first.

MOTO, don't be a cunt for once in your life, yeah?

Nobody was talking about an actual man and you know that. Whether you agree with my methods or not I actually am attempting to be nice to a deeply troubled young lady. Do you really need to make this about you?

Was Jesus married?
    When was he actually born?
    Did he wish to start a new religion or was it created by his apostles, all in spite of himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    MOTO, don't be a cunt for once in your life, yeah?

Nobody was talking about an actual man and you know that. Whether you agree with my methods or not I actually am attempting to be nice to a deeply troubled young lady. Do you really need to make this about you?
    Methods? Of what? Telling her 100% made up shit in your head is as good as anything else. Oh, by all means, carry on with your wisdom.