Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Things you'll never live down

Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    Was Jesus married?
    When was he actually born?
    Did he wish to start a new religion or was it created by his apostles, all in spite of himself?
    I believe he and MM were never married.
    Ever hear of Christmas? This is the most likely or most popular date...there are some other opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    I believe he and MM were never married.
    Ever hear of Christmas? This is the most likely or most popular date...there are some other opinions.
    Anything more substantial than a "belief" to go by?

Yes, I have heard of Christmas.

He most certainly was NOT born on Christmas day. It took hundreds of years for that particular date to be chosen, and Christmas wasn't en vogue when the Roman Empire was in full swing.

Well, I realize the term was not around and there is some debate of the actual date of birth. Records of such things were not well kept back 2000+ years ago unless you were born of means. We are talking variations of weeks or a month at most as to the actual date. I personally go by December 25th.

I do not believe or was never taught that Jesus and Mary were husband/wife. She was there when he died on the cross from what I remember. Whether as his wife...I have no idea. I'll ask him tonite and get back to you.

2 members appreciate this post.

Christmas is of pagan origin, if I remember correcly. It originally was some sort of pagan holiday (when people celebrated the day of the birth of a sun-god), but then the Church turned it into a "Christian" holiday and called it "Christmas". As for when Jesus was born, no one really knows the exact date.

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by disclaimer_07 View Post
    Christmas is of pagan origin, if I remember correcly. It originally was some sort of pagan holiday (when people celebrated the day of the birth of a sun-god), but then the Church turned it into a "Christian" holiday and called it "Christmas". As for when Jesus was born, no one really knows the exact date.
    This.

Like most things relating to religion, it's all just a load of cobbled together bullshit designed to control and appease the stupid masses.

Edit: One awesome thing to come out of this though is the discovery that MOTO is apparently pretty serious when it comes to worshipping a dead middle-eastern Jew. That's put a smile on my face.
    Last edited by Paint_It_Black; 11-11-2013 at 04:49 PM.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

No one knows the exact date, but after piecing together the gospels most point at autumn as the time when baby Jesus saw light.

Christianity does mix together a lot of pagan beliefs, and uses and abuses (mostly Greek) mythology (Zeus' narrow escape from his father's wrath, Jesus being born in a barn, God "inseminating" a mortal woman, etc, and last but not least: the Holidays!).
    Last edited by Duskygrin; 11-12-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    This.

Like most things relating to religion, it's all just a load of cobbled together bullshit designed to control and appease the stupid masses.

Edit: One awesome thing to come out of this though is the discovery that MOTO is apparently pretty serious when it comes to worshipping a dead middle-eastern Jew. That's put a smile on my face.
    Well that's a bit harsh, but what can you expect from someone who doesn't believe in the possibility of something greater than himself. Anything organized on a mass social scale (like religeon) is simply a way to control and appease the masses isn't it? Pretty sure it is...give it a think. Some people that you call stupid actually find inspiration and comfort in this insanity you call religeon.

Well, the exact date of the birth of Jesus is pretty difficult to determine. One has to take the date of December 25th with a certain degree of faith. To hold that out as bullshit or use to say religeon is cobbled together is pretty un-brilliant. Want proof???????

Here it is...give me the birthdate of your...great, great, great, great, great ,great great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great etc....grandad. Maybe....you don't exist.

And yet...

Jesus wasn't any old Jew. A good deal was written about him. That naturally creates controversy. Yet it's interesting to see how the sources are collated, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Well that's a bit harsh, but what can you expect from someone who doesn't believe in the possibility of something greater than himself. Anything organized on a mass social scale (like religeon) is simply a way to control and appease the masses isn't it? Pretty sure it is...give it a think. Some people that you call stupid actually find inspiration and comfort in this insanity you call religeon.

Well, the exact date of the birth of Jesus is pretty difficult to determine. One has to take the date of December 25th with a certain degree of faith. To hold that out as bullshit or use to say religeon is cobbled together is pretty un-brilliant. Want proof???????

Here it is...give me the birthdate of your...great, great, great, great, great ,great great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great etc....grandad. Maybe....you don't exist.
    Wow, you really aren't very good at arguing, huh?
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Wow, you really aren't very good at arguing, huh?
    Wasn't trying to argue. Just making a point. You aren't very good at telling the difference....huh?