Thread: NOODLES GUITAR PICKUPS-Woodstock 97

Default NOODLES GUITAR PICKUPS-Woodstock 97

Can anyone tell me what pickups Noodles used in the guitars used at Woodstock 97? I believe the bridge pickup was the DiMarzio Tone Zone, but the neck and the middle single coil pickup I can not place. I think when he switched guitars the bridge pickup changed to a DiMarzio Super Distortion but again in question are the other 2. Any clues out there? Noodles, are you reading this? Thanks

Noodles rarely visits the forums (though there may be some member out there knowledgable enough to help).

I'd recommend dropping him a tweet:
    https://twitter.com/TheGnudz

Quote Originally Posted by axeman56 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what pickups Noodles used in the guitars used at Woodstock 97? I believe the bridge pickup was the DiMarzio Tone Zone, but the neck and the middle single coil pickup I can not place. I think when he switched guitars the bridge pickup changed to a DiMarzio Super Distortion but again in question are the other 2. Any clues out there? Noodles, are you reading this? Thanks
    It was woodstock 99 and he did use super distortion pickups around that time I remember vividly… also around the release of conspiracy of one they uploaded ALL of their gear to Offspring.com… try googling that. That was just like a year after woodstock...

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    It was woodstock 99 and he did use super distortion pickups around that time I remember vividly… also around the release of conspiracy of one they uploaded ALL of their gear to Offspring.com… try googling that. That was just like a year after woodstock...
    Dam it, I did say 97. must be the fuckin mental block shit from years of acid. I really meant 99. Thanks for calling me on that. I thought Noodles was using the super distortion pickup at Woodstock on a few of the songs. I don't think he changed guitars until the intermission. I was mainly wondering about that middle pickup. I looked, atleast tried to go back in the archives and find the thread on the gear for 99 but couldn't find it. I will keep searching. Reason why I even give 2 shits about this is because I have a NDM1 Noodles Ibanez and I want it to be right. Thanks, later.

Noodles used DiMarzio ToneZone on his guitars, except when he was playing alone (Dexter only singing) - in this situation he used DiMarzio SD.
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.