Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 177

Thread: Paul Walker is DEAD

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,071


    Default

    I heard they had just dropped off library books and were looking for a place to practice parallell parking when the whole deal just whe bad and blew the fuck up.

    Speed killed them. I heard they hit a speed bump and then grenaded into the tree. You don't tear a $500k car into bite size pieces and blow it up in a fire ball doing 35.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    570


    Default

    Yeah, it seems pretty obvious. I just hadn't heard those details before, not really paying much attention.

    But yeah, fucker's old enough to know better. Yay, I've got a kid, let's feel the neeeeeed for speeeeeeed anywayz.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9,826


    1 members appreciate this post.

    Default

    Eskimo, you do know that Walker still wasn't actually driving the car, right?

    Ok, so they were speeding. Is there a single person here that hasn't been in a speeding car before? I have been in a speeding car countless times. As a passenger. With no control over the vehicle. Do I deserve to die for this?

    I can't get over how desperate people are to believe Paul Walker was a douchebag who had it coming. What kind of pathology is driving this need? Is it an attempt to avoid accepting that the universe is a cold and heartless place lacking any inherent justice where good people can die random fiery deaths at any moment? Is that it? Is basic fear driving this need to berate a tragic victim?
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    570


    Default

    Nah, I knew he wasn't driving the car. And yeah, it's probably dickish to just assume they were driving like "radical duuuude" fratboy maniacs. Just probably a reasonable, rational conclusion, given the guy that was driving was a racecar driver, they were in a high-end sportscar, and in a spot supposedly known for dipshit road activity for kicks.

    Doesn't mean he deserved to die, exactly, no. But he's not really worthy of the sympathy either, especially given he has a dependant.

    He probably was a nice enough guy, no real reason to assume otherwise. Just think you've gotta distinguish between genuine freak-act wrong-place-wrong-time victims, and you know...gearheads with a feeling of invincibility. This isn't some 17 year old who has an arguable excuse for not knowing any better.

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cascadian Exile
    Posts
    19,591


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    So you don't see my point at all? Cause this is a dumb comparison :P
    I saw your point and found it lacking. Not irrational, but seriously and embarrasingly lacking. I figured it was probably a probably a cultiral perspective thing and thus avoided the following debate. (Also it wasn't about Star Trek so caring was way beyond my aabilities.)

    And yeah I also realize that my comparison was clumsy on par with Bush = Hitler, but my clumsy anology was still the best thing that came out of that debate, so really I should thank you. (But also If this were real life I'd be winking and armpit farting, so take my comments as lightly as possible, as that's the spirit they were attempted to be written with.)
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    9,826


    Default

    I think Per's high.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    But he's not really worthy of the sympathy either, especially given he has a dependant...Just think you've gotta distinguish between genuine freak-act wrong-place-wrong-time victims, and you know...gearheads with a feeling of invincibility. This isn't some 17 year old who has an arguable excuse for not knowing any better.
    Again though, Walker wasn't driving. You might have a point if you were talking about the driver and not a helpless passenger.

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    But also If this were real life I'd be winking and armpit farting, so take my comments as lightly as possible, as that's the spirit they were attempted to be written with.
    I love how you know you regularly come off like a total dick so you go to these quite entertaining lengths to prove otherwise. It always amuses me.
    Last edited by Paint_It_Black; 12-13-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

  7. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    570


    Default

    Yeah, 'cause it's totally more likely a known gear-head and star of the friggin' Fast & Furious movies was totally not-in on the dangerous driving, trying to talk him out of it.

    It's possible, just kind of the less-likely way to look at it. If they were hooning around suburban streets faster than they should have, I'm sure it was in a pretty mutual capacity, finishing the charity thing and deciding to blow off steam. Yeah, he wasn't behind the wheel. No, he probably wasn't discouraging it either.

    Again, I don't even really have anything against the guy. It's just horse-shit how the media's acting like some household name lost his life too early out of sheer bad luck, rather than reporting it as a D-lister and his irresponsible buddy killing themselves through stupidity. More of an issue with the context of the reporting on it, rather than any problem with the guy himself.

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cascadian Exile
    Posts
    19,591


    Default

    Because if the media did what you think it should it would be a breach of so many unwritten ethical rules. Particularly. Because there is little proof to back up your vitriolic hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    570


    Default

    Not hate at all. I don't much care either way, I've enjoyed a few of his movies like The Skulls, and generally think he's just another douchey actor blending in with most of the other douchey actors. Ambivalent on that.

    It's just fairly reasonable to assume that two car enthusiasts, in a high-end Porsche, who crashed in an area known for racing, were likely doing the wrong thing.

    If one of those Duck-Hunter dudes (or whatever the fuck that show's called) shot themselves accidentally while goofing around carelessly with their rifles, the general consensus among Americans would be "haha, dumbfucks". This isn't really any different, other than there's obviously no legally-clearable proof that they were fucking around stupidly with that car. It's an assumption, but the facts released tend to lean in that direction.

    Not about vitriol.

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cascadian Exile
    Posts
    19,591


    1 members appreciate this post.

    Default

    Facts don't lean in any direction. You are interpreting them to fit into a story you already believe so that you can feel justified in trashing the death of a person you find douchey.

    Gotta say as far as douchiness goes, you cornered the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •