Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Walker is DEAD

I didn't know who he was until after he died.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    The point stands
    The point is that you jumped to a conclusion and declared that a fellow human being who died horribly had it coming and really deserves no sympathy. You even took it further and directly insulted the man. A man who has likely done more to benefit humanity than you ever will. The point is that you jumped gleefully to that conclusion. You wanted to believe it.

So yes, you're completely correct, the point stands.

The facts, once properly gathered and assessed, may well show that Rodas was entirely to blame for the accident. That was never the point. The point is that even if that is the case Walker still was not the driver. And maybe you're right and Walker was all like "hey let's drive super fast and die". So what? It's unknowable and you choose to assume the worst. That's the point.

I choose not to make horrible judgements about people based on speculation. That's all.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Dude, yeah there's a fair possibility that they were racing or something, but you are making WAY too many assumptions.

Here, I got you this:

I'm skeptical of him having died some simple death, but there's still a reasonable chance that they were going 10mph over, or that Walker didn't approve of the speed they were going. You can not know what happened. And cars can "crumple" at normal highway speeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Rest In Peace, Paul Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    Eskimo, did you know that modern cars are designed to crumple, basically flatten, in a wreck of only 35mph?
    Show me one...just one, modern car that at 35 mph is designed to: crumple, flatten, grenade into 10,000 pieces scattering shit for 200 feet... then burst into fucking flames rendering the occupants identifiable only by their dental records. Arguing this accident was caused by going 35 mph is kind of silly. $500,000 Porsche's don't lose control on dry pavement on a sunny day at 35 mph...ever.

Yep. But that's connecting the dots, and that makes us assumption-prone assholes.

Many don't have the ability to connect the dots. It's too obvious. They're too busy trying to prove any assumption that makes them appear to have a clue.

Mhm. Usually I disagree with you on plenty, but the point made that cars crumpling, and cars crumpling, to the extent of the photos of this incident, is a pretty significant nuance, is an essential one.

When you find yourself aligned with MOTO, on anything, you really have to re-evaluate what the fuck you're doing.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Ad-hominem like a motherfucker.