Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 177

Thread: Paul Walker is DEAD

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,141


    Default

    Well, case closed. Speed killed them. Well, speed didn't actually kill them, it contributed to the fact that the car simply wasn't equipped to hit something at that rate and not blow into a thousand fucking pieces and burst into flames. Arguing or stating anything other than this was simply stupid. Saying that you needed the facts verified when you have seen the wreck means you're an idiot (anyone seen PIB?) Yeah, it's good to be me...always right and shit. Go ahead, congratulate me on seeing the obvious...again. Porsche's suck anyway. Drive a Vette or get fucked. A Vette would have had no problem negotiating that tree, saving two lives in the process. There's a lesson to be learned here...shit, lost my point. Anyway, Paul Walker died from hitting a tree......really hard.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,165


    Default

    Yes, but you couldn't be sure. Afterall, it's been told to Harry that his parents died in a car crash when it was Voldemort all along. And you say it was obvious because the car was wrecked and it's because the Porsche couldn't take a shock at that speed. But I'm pretty sure a Porsche couldn't take Voldemort either.

    that's all I have to say.
    ___________________________________________

    All the Beautiful Things you do

    Respect my authoritah !

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,141


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    Yes, but you couldn't be sure.
    Couldn't be sure that speed was a reason for the car disintegrating? Well, I'm no detective but, I had my hunches. How else could it have possibly blown to pieces?

    Ok, we have a new rule. When a car and a tree collide and the car blows all to shit and burns everything into charcoal, we now know one of two things...either the car was speeding and hit the tree or...we have the worlds fastest tree radomnly hitting parked cars.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    9,991


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Well, I'm no detective but, I had my hunches.
    Yes, we're all capable of speculating and yes, this outcome always seemed likely.

    That was never what the discussion was about.

    I suspect you're actually smart enough to appreciate that and are simply trolling but I may be giving you too much credit.

    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Saying that you needed the facts verified when you have seen the wreck means you're an idiot (anyone seen PIB?)
    The authorities also waited for facts to be established. That's the only logical way to conduct an investigation. Hunches, gut instincts, common sense or whatever else you want to call it have no place in an intelligent, rational world. Your kind of irrational speculation is stupid and dangerous. Your hunches, gut instincts and common sense belong in the dark ages, good for nothing but drowning midwives and herbalists.

    The question was never, ever, whether your speculation was correct or not. The point was always that your method is utterly flawed and will fail you eventually regardless of whether you were right or wrong this time.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,090


    Default

    So, it was obvious that they were speeding speeding, and not just going a few over... you could easily tell that from the images, and anyone who thought otherwise was being willfully ignorant.

    However, 100mph? If they were alone on the road and nothing majorly interfered with their route, there was no excuse for losing control and crashing. 100mph is not really fast. The speed limit here is 80 on normal highways, and I've been in cars in Germany where the drivers were going well over that (and it's legal). I've felt unsafe and noticed handling problems around 120mph. The kind of car he was in could handle 100mph, so this story seems very strange to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,090


    Default

    This site states that they were "driving eastbound on a clean, well-lit and deserted street."

    It was apparently also fairly straight. And there was nothing wrong with the car. And they weren't on any drugs or alcohol. This whole story sounds really strange to me.

    But for anyone who says Walker was innocent for sitting in a car going way over the speed limit, the driver was Walker's employee... Walker definitely had control over what was happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,165


    1 members appreciate this post.

    Default

    Like PIB, of course, I knew there was a strong suspicion the driver of Paul Walker's car was speeding. But at the same time, I wasn't there, I don't drive a porsche, I'm not a specialist in mechanics or human combustion and I don't know if a car like this could be damaged that much for any other reason than speed.
    But I recognize that I don't know for sure and I think the opposite position is arrogant. "Hey, I'm an expert on everything so I am absolutely sure that's what happened".

    "Connecting the dots" doesn't mean anything. Shortcuts are so easy to take. And sometimes, you hit a tree...
    Last edited by Harleyquiiinn; 01-03-2014 at 05:44 PM.
    ___________________________________________

    All the Beautiful Things you do

    Respect my authoritah !

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    653


    Default

    For fuck's sake.

    So, now the coroner's report's out, and MOTO and I were (shocking, right?) right on the money, now it's time to break out shit like "100mph isn't that fast".

    Of fucking course the majority of cars travelling 100mph don't crash. That doesn't mean they weren't way over the speed limit or doing the wrong thing, or that their driving that fast wasn't the major contributor to their death. Circumstances. The area they were in, the type of road, it all plays into it.

    I get that you're saying we, morally, shouldn't have just assumed. It turned out to be right though, and plenty of times connecting the dots turns out to be just that. You don't wreck that badly for just losing track of 2 or 3 (or 5) mph on the gauge, you do by recklessly joyriding at excessive speed.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,165


    Default

    Eskimo, the key words, in your last post are "plenty of times".
    ___________________________________________

    All the Beautiful Things you do

    Respect my authoritah !

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    653


    Default

    The key point, though, is that in this instance it was. We might be assholes, but we were accurate assholes.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •