Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Walker is DEAD

100 mph isn't fast? Ok...well I guess it's not that fast on wide open stretches. I have gone much faster on my bikes, but 100 is pretty friggin fast. But...here'e the kicker, now listen carefully, cause it's pretty fucking complex...100+ mph is pretty damn fast when you smoke into something that doesn't move...like say a tree and light pole. Don't believe me? Walk casually into a brick wall...now run full speed into the same wall face first. Tell me what you think. You people amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    100 mph isn't fast? Ok...well I guess it's not that fast on wide open stretches. I have gone much faster on my bikes, but 100 is pretty friggin fast. But...here'e the kicker, now listen carefully, cause it's pretty fucking complex...100+ mph is pretty damn fast when you smoke into something that doesn't move...like say a tree and light pole. Don't believe me? Walk casually into a brick wall...now run full speed into the same wall face first. Tell me what you think. You people amaze me.
    U dum? Obviously it's fast if you smash into something static. 65 mph is fast if you smash into something static. That's not what I said. I said that 100 mph is not fast enough to lose control on a straight, clean, well-lit, empty road. There seems to be no REASON that the driver lost control of the car, because 100 mph is not fast to a point of being hard to control. My god.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    U dum? Obviously it's fast if you smash into something static. 65 mph is fast if you smash into something static. That's not what I said. I said that 100 mph is not fast enough to lose control on a straight, clean, well-lit, empty road. There seems to be no REASON that the driver lost control of the car, because 100 mph is not fast to a point of being hard to control. My god.
    So, what you are saying is that something caused them to crash. Ok...ok...I'm following you. I like the way you think. Like maybe going waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy faster than 100 is my guess. Based upon the crash site, i'd be surprised if they weren't going 140++ when they lost it. Of course that's just my assumption...I am not a Porsche engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    The key point, though, is that in this instance it was. We might be assholes, but we were accurate assholes.
    How is that the key point? Your guess was always a plausible one. Nobody is actually surprised that you turned out to be right. It's irrelevant though. The point was that guessing is dumb when you can just wait for actual facts. It's a bad method. You're a smart guy, you must acknowledge that, surely.

The asshole bit, well, that was really a different discussion. I still don't think Paul Walker is a douche who deserved to die a horrible death just for being in a speeding car but you have every right to feel differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    So, now the coroner's report's out, and MOTO and I were (shocking, right?) right on the money, now it's time to break out shit like "100mph isn't that fast".
    Brianna is the only one saying that and she was obviously saying it as part of an entirely new branch of the discussion. And it's an interesting point she's raising. Basically just that it's still a mystery why the driver lost control. Yeah, they were speeding, and that's why the crash killed them. No problem. We know why they died. We just still don't know why they crashed and that makes it somewhat interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    But for anyone who says Walker was innocent for sitting in a car going way over the speed limit, the driver was Walker's employee... Walker definitely had control over what was happening.
    Definitely? No, sorry. You'd have to know exactly what was going on inside the car to make that statement and you don't know what was going on inside the car at all. That's why it's still such a mystery as to why they actually crashed. For all you know Walker could have been yelling, screaming, pleading with the driver to slow down and that, in a delicious twist of irony, could have been the very thing that distracted the driver and caused him to lose control. I don't know. You don't know. MOTO and Eskimo definitely don't know. And yeah, I'll admit that your guess seems more likely than my randomly selected alternative scenario, but I'm not claiming my wild guess is unquestionable truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    Shortcuts are so easy to take. And sometimes, you hit a tree...
    <3
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

I for one, have never, and will never, ride in a car with someone going over the speed limit. If I do, I hope you shit on my grave, clearly I deserved to die.

Is that what you guys are talking about in here?
    I wrote a four word letter.

Not that it does make things any better but:

The limited-production, 2005 Porsche Carrera GT has a history of being difficult to control.

The sports car is capable of reaching 100 mph in under seven seconds. It was built without the stability management system that most Porsche models are equipped with.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...#axzz2pbnvMOxw

They were driving way too fast and well crashed into a pole and hit serveal trees. End of story.
    Turn the lights on.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Brianna is the only one saying that and she was obviously saying it as part of an entirely new branch of the discussion. And it's an interesting point she's raising. Basically just that it's still a mystery why the driver lost control. Yeah, they were speeding, and that's why the crash killed them. No problem. We know why they died. We just still don't know why they crashed and that makes it somewhat interesting.
    Correct. Eskimo and MOTO interpreted my comments in completely the wrong way.

Definitely? No, sorry. You'd have to know exactly what was going on inside the car to make that statement and you don't know what was going on inside the car at all. That's why it's still such a mystery as to why they actually crashed. For all you know Walker could have been yelling, screaming, pleading with the driver to slow down and that, in a delicious twist of irony, could have been the very thing that distracted the driver and caused him to lose control. I don't know. You don't know. MOTO and Eskimo definitely don't know. And yeah, I'll admit that your guess seems more likely than my randomly selected alternative scenario, but I'm not claiming my wild guess is unquestionable truth.
    You're right - I should not have used the word "definitely". A better choice of word would've been "likely".

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    I for one, have never, and will never, ride in a car with someone going over the speed limit. If I do, I hope you shit on my grave, clearly I deserved to die.

Is that what you guys are talking about in here?
    Not sure about Eskimo and MOTO, but definitely not in my case. Even though they were going way over the speed limit, they were on an empty, clean, well-lit road, and 100mph should not have been a serious danger. Had Walker himself been driving that fast around other cars driving around 65 or 70, I might call it a bit more deserved. But in this case, no way. I do think that it was likely that he was not opposed to how fast his friend was driving the car, though.

Quote Originally Posted by EarY View Post
    Not that it does make things any better but:

The limited-production, 2005 Porsche Carrera GT has a history of being difficult to control.

The sports car is capable of reaching 100 mph in under seven seconds. It was built without the stability management system that most Porsche models are equipped with.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...#axzz2pbnvMOxw

They were driving way too fast and well crashed into a pole and hit serveal trees. End of story.
    Ahh, that makes sense. So it was pretty stupid of the driver to have been driving a car with control issues that fast, and 100mph is suddenly a lot faster in that kind of car.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Ok...I was having some fun but some of you are too thin skinned. Here's my take:

I have raced and ridden bikes for years. Without getting into suspension garbage which most of you have never been exposed to I'll keep it simple. Ever been on a litre bike at 100-150? Fun as hell. You can spin the tire, bring up the front end, slide the back...the power is unreal at 10-14,000 rpm. That being said, the suspension can become unsettled in a matter of microseconds and your fucked. What can unsettle a suspension? I'll tell you: rocks, road imperfections, tar repair lines on a road on a warm day, too much power at the wrong time, oil, shifting improperly, painted road lines, etc... This car they were driving is a monster. Similar to the PW ratio of a rocket (or more). Basically a street legal race car with minimal (if any) on board traction management. These two guys were out fucking around, speeding like shit on a nice road on a nice day, the car became unsettled because of something on the road, there was no way to correct it and they crashed. This is my analogy to what happened. And I'd bet your life I'm right.

MOTO, credit where credit is due, that's a good theory. If I had to bet on it, like if I had a gun to my head, I would go with that. Particularly combined with the known issues with this car. Coming from a family of bikers though I do feel the need to say that riding a bike is incredibly different to driving a car.

Brianna, yes, of course it's likely that Walker wasn't opposed to any of it. And for me it really doesn't matter either way. I still feel sorry for the guy no matter what. The fact that we can't know for sure if Walker was opposed or not is only relevant when dealing with people who think that Walker should be demonized for dying in this way if he was a willing participant.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    MOTO, credit where credit is due, that's a good theory. If I had to bet on it, like if I had a gun to my head, I would go with that. Particularly combined with the known issues with this car. Coming from a family of bikers though I do feel the need to say that riding a bike is incredibly different to driving a car.
    Yeah, riding a bike is different. I was just using racing style bikes and their suspensions as an example of what could occur since this car had adjustable suspension I am sure. Probably a track car stiffened up. Take it on the road w/o backing off pre-load, damping, rebound and spring rates, you could be in for a ride. When suspensions are stiff, like race bikes or this car for example, they get a bit twitchy. You can feel everything on the road. On a bike with stiff settings, a relatively small road bump can unload you from the seat or make the tire actually lose contact with the road. This is what occurred I think with this car.

What kind of bikes do they ride?