Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Walker is DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    You said you are inclined to dislike celebrities from the get-go. Did I misinterpret that somehow? That's almost an exact quote.

I understand your primary point is that you find celebrity obsession annoying. But you basically did say you also dislike celebrities just for being celebrities. Also, your general attitude has consistently suggested that you do judge Walker negatively just for being a celebrity.

This makes it look like I care more than I do. In reality I'm just confused. I don't understand why people like Eskimo need to believe Walker had it coming. And now I don't really understand why you seem to be contradicting yourself. But ultimately none of it actually matters to me. My whole point all along really has been that I find it sad when people automatically assume the worst about others. Though I imagine you might find that ironic coming from me.

I'm just sad and tired.
    I have to think on this more and get back to you. I know that I don't automatically dislike someone for being a celebrity. But maybe I have more of a problem with the industry itself, and maybe I have a hint of dislike for most people involved in it. I agree that it's unfair to think someone like Walker had it coming, but I also don't think it needs to be ruled out.

As an aside, I personally avoid using the word "moot". Are you familiar with the origin of the word at all? Any time a single word can legitimately be said to mean one thing or the exact opposite I feel something went very wrong somewhere.

I only mention it because I know your interest in words surpasses my own not inconsiderable interest.
    Meh, awful and awesome used to be synonyms, and I still use those. :P The verb and adjective forms of "moot" came from different origins. The adjective has been around since the 1530s and comes from law jargon, while the verb comes from Old English. Totally different words, and thus different meanings.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

The police have said they were not racing.
    Also that they were speeding. Again, it's not even about whether you like or dislike the guys, you can be ambivalent about them personally and still think they're dickholes for driving recklessly. I like Anthony Mackie as an actor, he was recently busted for drink-driving. Funny guy, douchey actions. If he'd crashed and burned, I wouldn't think that was particularly tragic either, unless he took some pedestrian or other motorist out in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    I like Anthony Mackie as an actor, he was recently busted for drink-driving. Funny guy, douchey actions.
    I assume he was actually driving? Unlike Walker. Because Walker wasn't driving.

If he'd crashed and burned, I wouldn't think that was particularly tragic either, unless he took some pedestrian or other motorist out in the process.
    Or...passenger, maybe? Like Walker. Because Walker was only a passenger.

Eskimo, have you ever in your life been in a speeding vehicle? Even though the answer is going to be yes do not consider this a rhetorical question. I would like you to answer. I would like you to say "yes, I have been in a speeding vehicle and because of that I'm a douche who deserves to die a flaming death".

I can't believe you're now implying that an innocent passenger is comparable to an intoxicated driver. This is just getting more and more ridiculous.
    Last edited by Paint_It_Black; 12-18-2013 at 11:01 AM.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

I'd actually say I probably haven't. At least not significantly speeding, beyond a couple of mph over, certainly not speeding to the extent it would crumple a car to that extent.

As for the passenger thing, of course it's an assumption, and something that can't be proven beyond a doubt. But it seems I'm not the only one in here thinking it's likely he was in on it, given the context. Can't really imagine he's sitting there pissed at the guy asking him to slow down. What motoring enthusiast would? Blanket statement, sure, not disputing it. But not everything in life is really able to be substantiated. Of course I can't definitively state it one way or another, but you're a little deluded in thinking that these two particular men cruising around in this particular car in this specific spot, had major conflicting interests in what was going on.

you're a little deluded in thinking that these two particular men cruising around in this particular car in this specific spot, had major conflicting interests in what was going on.
    I'm not making any assumptions one way or the other. You're making enough for both of us.

I'd actually say I probably haven't. At least not significantly speeding, beyond a couple of mph over, certainly not speeding to the extent it would crumple a car to that extent.
    So you do admit to speeding.

It's not really your right to decide what constitutes "significant" speeding. It also has not been revealed, as far as I know, how far over the speed limit the car was actually going. I also doubt you are qualified to really know what speed is required to crumple any particular car to any particular extent.

But in your opinion then how far over the speed limit do you have to go before it becomes significant? At what point do you cross the line from being totally fine to becoming a douche who deserves to die a horrible death?
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

You're right that the cops haven't said how much over they were going. You're also a dipshit in thinking they'd mention speed as a contributing factor if they were only marginally over the limit.

Clearly the intelligent, non-dipshitty thing to do is simply infer the 'facts' you want to believe.

Btw Eskimo, where did you learn the ins and outs of police reports, seeing as you seem to have a clear understanding of standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Last I heard the police were waiting to hear from experts over at Porsche before making any final decisions. Pfft, waiting for facts before making decisions. Whatta dipshits.

The point stands, they're not going to bother mentioning speed as a contributing factor upon first assessment if it were likely a negligible couple of mph over through carelessness. The car's crumpled that badly, and they mention it being speed-related, your benefit-of-the-doubt thing is flimsy.

Eskimo, did you know that modern cars are designed to crumple, basically flatten, in a wreck of only 35mph? Especially, higher end cars. It is meant to absorb some of the impact to reduce injuries. Even relatively low speed accidents total most newer cars, because of the weaks points built into the cars frame. You cant even base your assessment of just how crushed the car was on pictures taken after the wreck. It a)burst into flames and b)was further ripped apart by fire and rescue trying to extract the people inside. You ever seen what the do to a car to get people out? I have. More than once. In a serious wreck, the car is always left basically unrecognizable. Based on your posts, ive surmised that you are not an expert in Porche crash testing, physics, or EMS/Fire department emergency rescue, so dont talk about a crumpled car, k?

I have been in many an excessively speeding car with no choice in the matter on how fast the driver goes. Even if I were to object, that doesnt make the driver slow down. The only other option the would be to make them stop the car an d get out. As he was riding with a friend, I imagine walker was familiar with his friend's driving habits, but a lot of people have friends who drive too fast. That is no reason to assume they were racing or being "douchy". In fact, one, of my best friends does 90mph in a 45 zone on the regular. Sometimes, I need rides from her. Happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.