Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Walker is DEAD

In terms measured only by my facebook news feed this has been the most talked about death in the history of the world? What the fuck gives? The guy was a mediocre actor that was the head of a franchise of absolutely bottom feeder films. Is this happening to everyone, or do I just need a bunch of new friends?
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    In terms measured only by my facebook news feed this has been the most talked about death in the history of the world? What the fuck gives? The guy was a mediocre actor that was the head of a franchise of absolutely bottom feeder films. Is this happening to everyone, or do I just need a bunch of new friends?
    Oh my god, I'm so glad it's not only me. I mean, the reactions are bizarre. RIP douchey D-list actor! So sad that you died probably while driving double the speed limit and slid off the road!! I typically have great Facebook friends, who mostly refrain from the most obnoxious shit... so I was totally thrown off when I saw this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

PS:

This is the Paul Walker I will always remember. RIP, attractive blonde friend of the main character who was OF COURSE played by Freddie Prinze Jr. because who else would be the main character in a 90s teen flick like She's All That??

1 members appreciate this post.

Because he was reasonably young and it was a violent death.

Also, Fast & Furious is amazing. It's like vacation for your brain. But in a good way.

Jacknife, I'm the one liking your post about She's All That.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

In March 2010, Walker went to Constitución, Chile to offer his help and support to the people injured in the 8.8 magnitude earthquake that struck on February 27. He flew with his humanitarian aid team, REACH OUT Worldwide, to Haiti to lend a helping hand to the 2010 Haiti earthquake victims.
    What a fucking douche.

On November 30, 2013, at approximately 3:30 p.m. PST, Walker and Roger Rodas, age 38, left an event for Walker's charity Reach Out Worldwide for victims of Typhoon Haiyan. Shortly after leaving in Rodas' red 2005 Porsche Carrera GT, the driver lost control and crashed into a light pole and tree in Valencia, Santa Clarita, California, and the vehicle burst into flames.
    More charity work? Thank goodness his reign of total douchebaggery has been brought to an end.

Rodas was believed to be driving the car.
    Yeah, but that douche Walker was there so I'm sure it was his fault somehow.

Walker lived in Santa Barbara with his dogs. He and Rebecca McBrain, a one-time girlfriend, had a daughter who lived with her mother in Hawaii for 13 years and then moved to California to live with Walker in 2011.
    She's probably glad he's dead though. I mean, pretty lucky that she got rid of that fucking douche while she's still only a teenager.

Quotes from Wikipedia.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    Because he was reasonably young and it was a violent death.
    This.

Also, Fast & Furious is amazing. It's like vacation for your brain. But in a good way.
    And this.

Also, I haven't looked at figures on this but I suspect he was closer to being an A-list actor than a D-list actor. Yeah, he was mediocre in talent, but the guy was profitable.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

He was an awful actor, but an important part of the world's best terrible series. I never have more fun than watching the Fast/Furious series with a group of friends. We've done it a couple times, I couldn't tell you the plots, but hating Brian (Walker's character) is one of the funnest parts.

So yeah, total bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    What a fucking douche.

More charity work? Thank goodness his reign of total douchebaggery has been brought to an end.

She's probably glad he's dead though. I mean, pretty lucky that she got rid of that fucking douche while she's still only a teenager.

Quotes from Wikipedia.
    This, so much.

In my opinion he wasn't the best actor, but he seemed to be a genuinely cool guy, and I was sad hearing about his death. My world didn't collapse or anything, but it's still sad. What, if he's just a D-list actor then he can just drop dead at any given moment? Give me a break.

And no, I didn't go on any commenting spree anywhere. No annoying FB status updates. This is the first time I've actually posted about this anywhere.

Also, The Fast and the Furious series is fun. Of course it doesn't compare to The Godfather or anything close to that, it's just harmless fun (if for nothing else, then at least for their over the top, laws of the physics breaking antics that are just so incredibly ridiculous you just gotta laugh).
    Last edited by Rooster; 12-02-2013 at 08:22 AM.

What a fucking douche.

Quotes from Wikipedia.
    So you care passionately about every single famous person who dies? Doing charity work for something does not make someone not a douche. Bono is a douche in many ways, as well. I don't know much about Walker, though; perhaps he was a wonderful man and I had the wrong impression. But it doesn't really matter because I don't care about every relatively famous person who dies. There are way more important people out there dying each day, but people focus on talking non-stop about some actor.

This.

And this.

Also, I haven't looked at figures on this but I suspect he was closer to being an A-list actor than a D-list actor. Yeah, he was mediocre in talent, but the guy was profitable.
    Maybe I have the definition wrong, but he was a terrible actor and for me that is a bad mark. The Fast and Furious franchise would and will continue without him because from what I'm told about them, they are not about him and rather focus on exploding spectacles and fast driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    So you care passionately about every single famous person who dies?
    Not at all. I try to care on some level whenever any life ends because I'm a bit scared of what happens if I continue my previous slides into apathy, but that's really something else entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    I don't know much about Walker
    Yet you judged him really harshly. That's the basic point I wanted to make. A human being died and you immediately took the opportunity to make nasty assumptions and speak ill of the dead.

Now, I'm certainly not holier than thou, I've done the same thing many times and may well do it again. But I recognize it as a trait I don't like in myself very much.

If I still used Facebook I might be making posts like yours right now. So yeah, not trying to attack you. I just felt the need to raise a dissenting voice.