Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Walker is DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    After a moment of head-scratching I had assumed that's what you meant to say.
    I won't bother explaining what just happened here Thibault, don't worry. I'll just laugh silently. No one will believe me anyway except of ad8 maybe.

Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

1 members appreciate this post.

You can't explain things to Thibault, he's an ignoramus. We really need Richard here to explain it to him. I miss Richard,I guess the moral of this thread is that sometimes you have to settle for less. Really, Richard is the Bryan to Thibault's Mia.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

They call him the Wheelchairman. Legend says he just rolled in one day and started winning threads. No one knows why. He just does.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Default I know I'm annoying you with this odd thing, but it's very funny to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    You can't explain things to Thibault, he's an ignoramus. We really need Richard here to explain it to him. I miss Richard,I guess the moral of this thread is that sometimes you have to settle for less. Really, Richard is the Bryan to Thibault's Mia.

The only fast and furious movie I really liked was Tokyo Drift, which had no Paul Walker. Can't say I'm gonna miss him because I really can't think of any movie I liked that had Paul Walker in it. That being said, death is still tragic and seeing that he was only a passenger, I can't berate him like I did Ryan Dunn, who died of his own stupidity. My sympathies to his friends, family and his fans.
    Last edited by Outerspaceman21; 12-05-2013 at 06:34 PM.

We have a multiple man here, he transforms into everything he wants in this forum, no matter how often you ban him.
    This is his Matrix, the html code. His accounts are his appearence. He's a virus.

So I ask you, do you want the red pill to face the bitter truth, or swallow the sweet blue pill of lies?

I think grief is always selfish. It's always about your own pain/loss. That's what grief is. You don't feel it for the person who died. They don't give a fuck that they're dead. They're not suffering. You don't feel grief for them. You feel it for yourself at the pain of your loss.

I wouldn't feel grief if my friend's mother died because she means nothing to me. I would feel sorry for my friend and secretly annoyed because it would be an inconvenience for me. But certainly not grief. Grief is reserved entirely for when I've personally suffered a loss. It's always selfish.

And no, of course I am not going to grieve for Paul Walker in any way. That would be pretty weird. But his death has annoyingly made me think even more about death than I usually do. His death has troubled me a little. But I don't believe this is any more or less selfish than true grief. And I genuinely feel sorry for his kid. This is different from the normal drawbacks of fame. Very different.
    Honestly, it all comes down to my disdain for the culture of celebrity obsession. It's not nearly as bad here as in places like the US, but it has made its way here to an extent. I don't give any more of a shit that Walker died in a car accident than any other complete stranger. So many people just care way too much about celebrities' lives. And what's especially sick is that they seem to revel in the deterioration of a celebrity (people LOOOOVED watching Britney, Lindsay, and Amanda deteriorate... and now they're basically cheering for the same from Miley), but then they feign concern and sympathy and sadness when a celebrity dies. It is just gross. I do care about artists whose work has affected my life or moved me. I was very sad when Tony Sly died (though he wasn't exactly a celebrity). But really, I just find the way people react to every single thing that happens to a celebrity to be a very sad mark of modern society.

Meanwhile, I was and still am affected by the fact that the owner and founder of the British International School of Ljubljana - who was also a father and around 40 - died three weeks ago in a car accident. I had interacted with him several times (I almost applied for a position at the school, some of my students' children go to that school...) and had a lot of respect for him. He ran the best International school in the country. I am now worried about the future of the school... all the kids who attend the school... the school's staff (some of whom I know)... etc. He did everything for that place, and there is no comparable school in the country. And yet I'm hearing more people talking about Walker's death than his. Yes, this kind of thing bothers me. I guess I could just throw my hands up and say, "That's just how it is," but I can't help but be saddened by it.

And no, I don't agree that complaining about this kind of thing is needless, nor is it more obnoxious than the fake sympathy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

That was some damn fine context, Bri.

Damn fine.

That means I like it. Just in case anyone doesn't understand what's happening. Anyone at all. Mentioning no names here. Could be anyone.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Thumbs up

More people saw Fast and the Furious than have ever heard of the British International School of Ljubljana, EVER, I'd wager. That IS just how it is.

That said, you make a good argumemt llamas, maybe lead with that next time instead of 'who cares about a douchey D-list celebrity, he probably had it coming', or whatever. either way, I just can't justify being upset or calling someone out because they said 'RIP Paul Walker' on Facebook.
    I wrote a four word letter.

That was some damn fine context, Bri.

Damn fine.

That means I like it. Just in case anyone doesn't understand what's happening. Anyone at all. Mentioning no names here. Could be anyone.
    Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    More people saw Fast and the Furious than have ever heard of the British International School of Ljubljana, EVER, I'd wager. That IS just how it is.
    I'm aware of that. I don't expect people outside Slovenia to have a clue as to who he is. But it is sad that people here (pretty much everyone knows about this school here, it's very well-known - you could nearly say famous) have been talking much, much more about Walker's death than Hibbins'. People here. People who have probably seen this guy at events, maybe even met him. That was my point - not that I expect my non-Slovene friends to give a shit about his death, because why would they?

That said, you make a good argumemt llamas, maybe lead with that next time instead of 'who cares about a douchey D-list celebrity, he probably had it coming', or whatever. either way, I just can't justify being upset or calling someone out because they said 'RIP Paul Walker' on Facebook.
    I led with a tongue-in-cheek hyperbolic comment because I wasn't trying to take this thread in such a serious direction. I didn't know I had to lead with an argument like this :P And no, I wouldn't call someone out on saying "RIP Paul Walker" on Facebook. That's beyond petty, and I'd agree with you on something like that. I've never seen someone call someone out on something like that, but I have seen people write ridiculous tirades, ripping into how people post on FB, or that one article I saw not too long ago about "how to use Facebook without being a douche" or something. There are a lot of things people do on FB that annoy me, but I can choose to ignore those things, remove/block certain people who are frequently annoying, or just not look at Facebook. So yeah, I simply ignored the posts I saw about Walker on FB, minus a couple that weren't simply "RIP" and brought up interesting discussions.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk