Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Walker is DEAD

*Sneers prickishly*

You've got a racecar driver, a sportscar, and a dragrace hotspot. They're the police-issued facts. If that doesn't paint a picture to you, I'm pretty sure I'm not the minority here. Like I said, you can't ever prove it, but there's not a lot here to say "leisurely legal Sunday drive turned bloodsplatter & death-burns".

I like how you think. Prosecutors think the same way.

Two Romanians, a subway entrance and a stolen wallet. What more do you need ?

It's not about what we know for sure (He liked sport cars and was playing on Fast & Furious). It's about what we're not certain of. You can't judge a person on probabilities...

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

I think it is about what we know for sure.

We know for sure Paul Walker wasn't driving the car.

Case closed.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I think it is about what we know for sure.

We know for sure Paul Walker wasn't driving the car.

Case closed.
    I'm not really invested in this current debate, but I just want to say that the point you mention only proves that Walker was not at fault for the accident, he himself wasn't speeding at the time of accident because he wasn't driving. However, if someone's trying to argue that Walker was not involved in an innocent little accident, they have a point. If I choose to get in the car with a drunk driver, I'm not at fault if we crash, but I'm still incredibly wrong for choosing to ride in this situation. Venom's going after Walker pretty damn hard here, but people treating him like a saint is even more annoying than people hating on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Paul Walker wasn't driving and the driver wasn't drunk.

All we know for sure is that the car was travelling at a speed in excess of the posted speed limit.

So, I ask again, has anyone here never been in a car travelling at a speed in excess of the posted speed limit? Anyone at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    people treating him like a saint is even more annoying than people hating on him.
    Strongly disagree. There's much more reason to love him than hate him. For the people who feel a need to choose such an extreme, of course.
    Last edited by Paint_It_Black; 12-15-2013 at 07:03 AM.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Paul Walker wasn't driving and the driver wasn't drunk.

All we know for sure is that the car was travelling at a speed in excess of the posted speed limit.

So, I ask again, has anyone here never been in a car travelling at a speed in excess of the posted speed limit? Anyone at all?
    I didn't notice if Venom is assuming that they were racing, or if he's considered the possibility - and I'm too lazy right now to go check. If the latter, it is a point to consider. Maybe they were racing, and this wasn't as innocent as it sounds.

Strongly disagree. There's much more reason to love him than hate him. For the people who feel a need to choose such an extreme, of course.
    Guess this just goes back to my strong distaste for society's obsession with celebrities, so we're just going to have to agree to disagree on that one. I'm more inclined to dislike (not hate, but dislike) a celebrity from the get-go, and I find the obsessive love and adoration for these people obnoxious and pathetic.

The police have said they were not racing.

Like I said before, all we know for sure is that they were going faster than the speed limit. Something everyone has done before.

I find celebrity obsession unpleasant but I don't necessarily blame the celebrities themselves for it or judge what kind of person they are based solely on their fame. I try to judge people on their quality as human beings. Involving oneself with charity work is generally a good sign.

The police have said they were not racing.

Like I said before, all we know for sure is that they were going faster than the speed limit. Something everyone has done before.

I find celebrity obsession unpleasant but I don't necessarily blame the celebrities themselves for it or judge what kind of person they are based solely on their fame. I try to judge people on their quality as human beings. Involving oneself with charity work is generally a good sign.
    I'm saying I find the obsession more annoying - probably because it's far more prominent and embedded in society. I didn't say I judge Walker for having been a celebrity. But I still find all of it obnoxious.

If they, in fact, weren't racing, then Venom's point is moot.

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    I didn't say I judge Walker for having been a celebrity.
    You said you are inclined to dislike celebrities from the get-go. Did I misinterpret that somehow? That's almost an exact quote.

I understand your primary point is that you find celebrity obsession annoying. But you basically did say you also dislike celebrities just for being celebrities. Also, your general attitude has consistently suggested that you do judge Walker negatively just for being a celebrity.

This makes it look like I care more than I do. In reality I'm just confused. I don't understand why people like Eskimo need to believe Walker had it coming. And now I don't really understand why you seem to be contradicting yourself. But ultimately none of it actually matters to me. My whole point all along really has been that I find it sad when people automatically assume the worst about others. Though I imagine you might find that ironic coming from me.

I'm just sad and tired.

As an aside, I personally avoid using the word "moot". Are you familiar with the origin of the word at all? Any time a single word can legitimately be said to mean one thing or the exact opposite I feel something went very wrong somewhere.

I only mention it because I know your interest in words surpasses my own not inconsiderable interest.