Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10th anniversary of Splinter

I agree it wasn't their best. But I thought there were a few decent tracks on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    I agree it wasn't their best. But I thought there were a few decent tracks on it.
    I don't know I think it was a very underrated album there are a lot of solid songs on there. Being as short as it was probably didn't help anything though.

I liked it when I listened to it for the very first time and I still like it the same. It is not better than "Conspiracy Of One" or "Days Go By" but it's better than RAFRAG for sure(my opinion).

The Noose, Hit that, Can't get my head around you, Never gonna find me, Da hui

are some of the tracks I like and listen often.
    Enslave my mind...

While it remains a satisfying album, I can only imagine if they ended with this instead…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3vwEBKDjyk
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines

Probably wasn't even a real song, dude. They'd have likely re-worked it into something by now if it were more than just a few ideas throwing around.

Dexter said it was a real song and they left it off the album at the last minute

he said it 38 minutes in
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A00HqxF4Mcg

^This. I also heard it was deemed to heavy for the album… IMO, that's what the album needed.

I assumed it was recorded but unmixed, but its news to me that it was mastered for release on Splinter, but it was taken out at the last minute. Would've expected it to be a b-side or something.

That video also clarifies The Offspring's stance on demos. We're probably not going to any demos tracks officially issued - at least not until way down the line.
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines

1 members appreciate this post.

Not overall, no, but I'd say that both Co1 and Splinter simultaneously don't get the love they deserve. Some of their heaviest modern-era stuff is on Splinter, Noodles getting a chance to cut loose in a way he hasn't on the last two discs. That furious riff-driven thing.

But yeah, it's nowhere near as consistent as RAFRAG or DGB.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    ^This. I also heard it was deemed to heavy for the album… IMO, that's what the album needed.

I assumed it was recorded but unmixed, but its news to me that it was mastered for release on Splinter, but it was taken out at the last minute. Would've expected it to be a b-side or something.

That video also clarifies The Offspring's stance on demos. We're probably not going to any demos tracks officially issued - at least not until way down the line.
    yeah too bad

I just cant believe how fast these 10 years passed! Rage against myself is one of my fav tracks!