Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concert For The Philippines at Club Nokia

Default Concert For The Philippines at Club Nokia

The Offspring will play playing a fundraiser show at Club Nokia in Los Angeles with Linkin Park on January 11th 2014

http://www.crowdrise.com/ConcertforthePhilippines

Finally a new U.S. show.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Here's a short interview with one member from LP and Dexter http://ktla.com/2013/12/11/brad-dels...#axzz2nG7kQXhO

I've been a little lazy about keeping up on news and stuff, but weren't they in the studio a while ago, or writing or whatever? It'd be an awesome out-of-left-field thing if they busted out a new song for this. Probably unlikely, but a DGB-style thing (even if like that it's just an early proto-version) would be the radness.

Quote Originally Posted by Puschka View Post
    Here's a short interview with one member from LP and Dexter http://ktla.com/2013/12/11/brad-dels...#axzz2nG7kQXhO
    you can download it here https://www.dropbox.com/s/2oo0grq0mx...0Offspring.mp4

also ktla news plays a instrumental version of hypodermic when they do the surf report

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    It'd be an awesome out-of-left-field thing if they busted out a new song for this..
    I agree

EDIT Bad Religion have been added this will be my 3rd time seeing Offspring and Bad Religion at the same show

Also I think there might be pro shot video of this the website says ''The Concert for Philippines will be televised and may be recorded or streamed.''

and here is a interview with Linkin Park from rolling stone about it http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...nefit-20131213

Have you ever played a show with the Offspring before?
    We’ve been on festival bills with them and Mike [Shinoda] and I were just talking about it yesterday. When you see their show it’s incredible the depth of their catalog. They’re one of the few bands where when they play a show you truly know every song they play. We’ve always enjoyed watching them and listening to their shows on festivals, but I don’t believe we’ve ever organized a show with them and for them to step up and want to lead the charge on this speaks to their character and how sweet those guys are. We’re really grateful to them for being an integral part of this and we just got a confirmation from Bad Religion, so they’re gonna be on the bill as well. I’m really excited to have those guys on the bill.

Have you ever played with them before?
    We played like festival-style shows, I believe we’ve been on an Acoustic Xmas or something and again we haven’t really had the opportunity to organize something together as bands and as friends. So to have them on this is just incredible. Both of these bands are bands that we have looked up to growing up and love their music and respect them as men
    Last edited by cool 2 hate 681; 12-13-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    Bad Religion have been added this will be my 3rd time seeing Offspring and Bad Religion at the same show
    Awesome. The Offspring and Bad Religion are two of my favorite bands, I may not go to the benefit show though.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Jesus. Can Linkin Park just donate some money and not actually play the show?

Pretty great seeing BR and The Offspring purposely on a bill together though, rather than just happening to be there among 30 other bands. Probably just due to the charity thing, maybe Greg and Co still think they're weaksauce, but hey, take what we can get.

hmm... this should be a good one. Sadly not sure I can afford it haha.

It's for a great cause. Hopefully, we can make it to the show (myself and Haley.)

Here is some trivia last time The Offspring played in January was 2004 10 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by hshduppsnt View Post
    hmm... this should be a good one. Sadly not sure I can afford it haha.
    Sorry to hear that I'm not sure why they are only giving out 500 tickets I have never been to Club Nokia before but It says the maximum capacity is 2,300