Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conservative Analysis: "True conservative" candidates would win more elections

1 members appreciate this post.

Liberals hold themselves out as better (which is almost shoot milk out your nose ridiculous). They want you to believe they know what's better for you than you do. You're too god damn dumb to think on your own. Personally, you'd have to be fucking brain dead or a leach to want to be liberal. Liberals bashed Romney for his money. Money he made. Yet, John Kerry gets a pass. Money he married into and takes full advantage of...not a peep. Old man Heinz was a republican if my memory is right.

That being said, the republicans are kind of fucked up too. They are trying to appeal to anyone and everyone they can. Especially the minority vote. I mean, they couldn't beat Obama in 2012 with Romney? Romney compared to Obama in a match of common sense and business brains would be like comparing Joe Biden to Bill Gates. It isn't even close. But dems appeal to the lower spores of the human race. They promise and promise, people voted for handouts. Promise utopia at all costs. Delivering, now that's another problem entirely. Look at the catastrophe called Obamacare. A law which eventually will be repealed. How many promises of compete bullshit did Obama make on this pile of shit law? They appealed to the idiots because most can't think for themselves any longer. Mathematically damn near impossible to make the law work??? Don't care...vote for Obama anyway. They did a great job in winning the election. The right or conservative lean has to not stray from it's meaning. Conservatism. Appeal to that base. Let the fucking idiots fend for themselves with this bullshit liberal point of view that is bankrupting this country.

2 members appreciate this post.

Yup who does the liberals think they are bankrupting the whole entire country. Because we all know that the conservatives are pretty much innocent.
    Last edited by Tiny Vessels; 12-23-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    Yup who does the liberals think they are bankrupting the whole entire country. Because we all know that the conservatives are pretty much innocent.
    True enough. No innocent players in this game. That's my point to some degree. The politicians are burying us and nobody cares. We have to stop pandering to the lowest common denominator. There will always be poor people. Can't stop that. Stop giving the country away with this ridiculous debt that will never possibly be paid back. This debt will start a war someday when we go belly up and are at our weakest. A radical change could occur if this national debt isn't addressed and Obama is doing ZERO about it. I mean we have $18,000,000,000,000 in debt and when was the last time you saw a responsible federal budget laid out to address this? I'll tell you when...never. I have NOT heard one liberal say we have a debt problem.

That little rant of mine I am sure is a shock to most people here...plus I really dislike the liberal point of view. It simply makes no sense to me.
    Last edited by MOTO13; 12-23-2013 at 11:18 AM.

2 members appreciate this post.

MOTO, have you ever applied for a position with Fox News?
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Eh, the Fox thing is a little disingenuous, too. Their hard-news stuff is pretty straight down the line (daytime coverage), Wallace and Baier and such. It's just the opinion/pundit shows that bring the bullshit, but that stuff's all over MSNBC too. CNN's the only one that doesn't do it (at least not to that extent), and everyone's stopped watching them the last few years.

People want the side-taking and "rabble rabble rabble!", it seems, on both sides. The way I see it, sure about half of Fox is twisting everything, but it balances out as the other side has MSNBC which does the same thing. Back to square one, level ground.

I get what you're saying but Fox News is in a league of its own. At least the last time I checked. They didn't just spin the news, they blatantly invented it. And only a certain type of person seemed to watch it. Basically racist paranoid religious nutjobs who kinda scared me. I met several of them through my work and found it quite fascinating how they all shared these certain crazy traits but were also all very good at appearing perfectly normal until you got them feeling comfortable and talking. Then shit would get real. I honestly suspect a large contingent of Fox News viewers are (or were) mentally ill and I feel the network intentionally took advantage of these people by manipulating their neuroses. Just my opinion.

It's been like a year and a half since I was in the US so I admit I'm pretty out of touch with such things now. Fox News may have cleaned up their act somewhat or MSNBC may have got worse. I admit I have no idea.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Yep, that's all pretty inaccurate. During the actual news broadcasts they're pretty comparable to CBS or whatever, not overtly opining, that just comes when their "entertainment" stuff kicks in, Hannity and whatever that roundtable show is, etc. Mostly just their nighttime stuff. And, yeah, NBC's cable wing has the exact same format, though perhaps more troubling lately since their slant has started creeping into the actual hard reporting. You don't really see that with Wallace or whoever, if they have a view, it's concealed. Obviously the O'Reillys of the world aren't like that, but I guess even he sees his show as punditry, it's not really passed off as "news" news.

The people you're talking about are a pretty clear minority, and Fox wouldn't even be "right" enough for them. The type that throw around that "RINO" term and want one of the Pauls as president.

I guess the point is, yeah, their pundit stuff has a clear & obvious right-leaning, but it's kind of moot since it's balanced out on the other side by MSNBC doing the same. Each side of the debate has their little attack-dog institution, and both are responsible for some pretty horrible, out-of-line stuff. I just feel bad for CNN, despite having some crappy inaccurate coverage lately of stuff like the Boston bombings and Washington shooting, they at least make an effort to be impartial, but the public doesn't want that and their ratings have tanked due to the rise of both Fox and MSNBC.

The country's 50/50 divided, and if you aim for the middle ground these days both sides are going to be disinterested. Fox is just a part of the equation.
    Last edited by Eskimo; 12-23-2013 at 07:19 PM.

To be honest I think the BBC is the only televised news source I've ever really respected and that is largely because they actually seem to want to present the news without political bias or concern for ratings.

But yes, perhaps you're right and the majority don't want that anyway.

The BBC has a slight left slant, but they at least feign otherwise and keep it from being overt. That's something. Probably comparable to most free-to-air networks here.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    MOTO, have you ever applied for a position with Fox News?
    Yes, I was too moderate for them. They wanted someone more opinionated and less on the fence on issues.

Hey PIB...what stories did FOX invent? I watch it occasionally and never heard of any. Just curious. Mostly lefty, tit sucking, holier than asswads that prance around and pretend to be do gooders that say this stuff. You know, like that crazy fuck Al Gore bitching about this theoretical global warming, making untold millions off it, all the while he walking around in one of his 15,000 sq ft houses, flying around in his private jet making a bigger carbon footprint than most small cities.
    Last edited by MOTO13; 12-24-2013 at 06:35 AM.