Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conservative Analysis: "True conservative" candidates would win more elections

Dude my memory is terrible. No way I can remember specifics from years ago. Just google it if you really want to know. Which you don't. So basically I'd say we're all good here, yeah?
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I get what you're saying but Fox News is in a league of its own. At least the last time I checked. They didn't just spin the news, they blatantly invented it. And only a certain type of person seemed to watch it. Basically racist paranoid religious nutjobs who kinda scared me. I met several of them through my work and found it quite fascinating how they all shared these certain crazy traits but were also all very good at appearing perfectly normal until you got them feeling comfortable and talking. Then shit would get real. I honestly suspect a large contingent of Fox News viewers are (or were) mentally ill and I feel the network intentionally took advantage of these people by manipulating their neuroses. Just my opinion.

...I admit I have no idea.
    I like you PIB, you speak your mind. A lot to be said for that. But honestly, I think your final sentence pretty much summed it up.

I am sure they screwed up some stories, hell everyone does. But, I dunno about all these blanket statements. That's pretty much my territory.

Oh, and PIB.............have a Merry Christmas!

MOTO don't lie. You don't watch Fox News occasionally, you watch Fox News everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    MOTO don't lie. You don't watch Fox News occasionally, you watch Fox News everyday!
    Well, ok, maybe. Actually, I only watch it for the babes. Have to admit, FOX News employs some of the hottest women in news.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Well, ok, maybe. Actually, I only watch it for the babes. Have to admit, FOX News employs some of the hottest women in news.
    So is that how Fox News works? They hire all pretty blondes, well maybe one or two pretty brunettes also and they brainwash you into their way of thinking because they have you looking at something pretty.

Fox News is sexist. They have no good looking guys and just proves that they don't care about women.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    So is that how Fox News works? They hire all pretty blondes, well maybe one or two pretty brunettes also and they brainwash you into their way of thinking because they have you looking at something pretty.

Fox News is sexist. They have no good looking guys and just proves that they don't care about women.
    Soooo, what's your point?...lol. FOX News hires smoking hot women. It's pretty obvious. Well, except for hair lipped Greta, she's the only mule in the bunch. Everything you have ever learned is brainwashing. Just most of us have a filter to screen out the bullshit.

It's a mans world. Always has been and always will be. FOX News, it's a guy thing.

Ok MOTO, all I'm saying is just use your filter to screen out all the bullshit that Fox News feeds you. Which is alot.

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    Yep, that's all pretty inaccurate. During the actual news broadcasts they're pretty comparable to CBS or whatever, not overtly opining, that just comes when their "entertainment" stuff kicks in, Hannity and whatever that roundtable show is, etc. Mostly just their nighttime stuff. And, yeah, NBC's cable wing has the exact same format, though perhaps more troubling lately since their slant has started creeping into the actual hard reporting. You don't really see that with Wallace or whoever, if they have a view, it's concealed. Obviously the O'Reillys of the world aren't like that, but I guess even he sees his show as punditry, it's not really passed off as "news" news.

The people you're talking about are a pretty clear minority, and Fox wouldn't even be "right" enough for them. The type that throw around that "RINO" term and want one of the Pauls as president.

I guess the point is, yeah, their pundit stuff has a clear & obvious right-leaning, but it's kind of moot since it's balanced out on the other side by MSNBC doing the same. Each side of the debate has their little attack-dog institution, and both are responsible for some pretty horrible, out-of-line stuff. I just feel bad for CNN, despite having some crappy inaccurate coverage lately of stuff like the Boston bombings and Washington shooting, they at least make an effort to be impartial, but the public doesn't want that and their ratings have tanked due to the rise of both Fox and MSNBC.

The country's 50/50 divided, and if you aim for the middle ground these days both sides are going to be disinterested. Fox is just a part of the equation.
    Not really true...

etc, etc, etc.

PS: I find the women on Fox News to be very unattractive. Actually, all the people on Fox News are ugly. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Greta and Megan aren't really the hard-news broadcasts though, they're pretty much punditry in the O'Reilly vein.

It's Fox News Live, though, and not one of the shows on Fox News, like The O'Reilly Factor, so it does count.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk