Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: we don't have sex anymore is a real offspring song and might be a new single?

If this is a song that Dexter is really unsure about in terms of whether or not it fits their style (especially after tracks like Cruising California / Fix You / O.C Guns), its definitely sparked my curiosity. It will be interesting to hear it.
    Last edited by Budzy; 01-15-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Hmmm. As the new member mateolanda said, it supposedly was in the future releases at allaccess.com, but has disappeared from there. Perhaps they postponed the release indefinitely(nothing unexpected, haha). Maybe they will just surprise us some day soon with it.

I too am really curious about this song, but I remember almost nothing from that pre-Splinter interview (all I remember is that Dexter talked about some new songs and that it existed), did he say something in the vein of the song being in an unfitting style for them? We can only guess in what style the song will be presented

Also, regarding the "albums stopped to make any sense nowadays" matter, I think it's normal that artists release single songs via the internet, but I really hope they will make an album later, it would be sad not to have any more LPs by The Offspring, albums still exist even in this age

...or they will just make an EP called "We don't make LPs anymore"? I am truly concerned about this whole new song matter and excited about The Offspring again.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

So, where is it?
    Turn the lights on.

Nobody heard the song yet, but see how greatly it charted already:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Off...graphy#Singles

I don't dare to think who did this bizarre piece of editing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Since January 21st is only three days away, I don't think the single will actually be released on that date. I just looked up "We Don't Have Sex Anymore" as a single, and the only two sources I could find about this are Live 105, a Brazilian Offspring fan site and a Polish blog site, neither of them mention the January 21st release date.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    Since January 21st is only three days away, I don't think the single will actually be released on that date. I just looked up "We Don't Have Sex Anymore" as a single, and the only two sources I could find about this are Live 105, a Brazilian Offspring fan site and a Polish blog site, neither of them mention the January 21st release date.
    isn't it "we never haves sex anymore"? since u are googling and what not...

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    isn't it "we never haves sex anymore"? since u are googling and what not...
    I found at least one source for "We Never Have Sex Anymore". It says it will be released on January 21st (which is now two days away) and it will be released on Mike Ness from Social Distortion's label Time Bomb.

http://archive.is/EV6K0
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

no, its a label owned or run by Offspring's manager, Jim Guerinot
    I am not another The Offspring fan but just THE Offspring FAN !

Dexter Holland - "Which one of you goes by the screen name of RonWelty?"

Quote Originally Posted by RonWelty View Post
    no, its a label owned or run by Offspring's manager, Jim Guerinot
    That would make sense because that label put out this Vandals CD reissue "Peace Thru Vandalism/When in Rome Do as the Vandals". I always thought Mike Ness was the owner of Time Bomb since that label put out many Social Distortion releases, but the fact that Jim Guerinot owns or runs the label would make sense since he's managed Social Distortion, The Offspring, The Vandals and many other O.C. bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    I found at least one source for "We Never Have Sex Anymore". It says it will be released on January 21st (which is now two days away) and it will be released on Mike Ness from Social Distortion's label Time Bomb.

http://archive.is/EV6K0
    I thought that label went out of business? that is why social distortion moved to epitaph records