Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: we don't have sex anymore is a real offspring song and might be a new single?

Someone at the pulsemusic boards heard the song and speaks of it as follows:

"I've heard the track, and while I'm sort of mediocre on the Offspring, the song is kind of fun. Their latest album seems to meld their older sound in with a Swing element. A lot of bouncy beats and brass sounds."

Source: http://pulsemusic.proboards.com/thre...-never-anymore

Now whoever mentioned swing in this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

it is strange that there's nothing official reported....
    I do not think that they are reliable sources what is said in the website. Also because in the interview are not told that it would be released on 21 January, the song....

Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post
    Now whoever mentioned swing in this thread?
    Guilty as charged
    Turn the lights on.

Remember a few days ago I posted that the song disappeared from future releases? well, it appeared again http://archive.is/EV6K0 21st January, on Time Bomb recordings. Tomorrow.

How legit is this? I guess if they're off Columbia by now the promotion is going to be scaled back from what it usually is, but you'd think if this is actually happening someone non-obscure would have something on it.

I'm kinda wary this is happening, until KROQ or whatever is reporting it. Probably best not to get our hopes up for new Offspring material just yet, they're pretty good about informing the fans early on the site, once something's concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by mateolanda1 View Post
    Remember a few days ago I posted that the song disappeared from future releases? well, it appeared again http://archive.is/EV6K0 21st January, on Time Bomb recordings. Tomorrow.
    No it didn't that is an archive from December 14th

I am slightly skeptical as well.
    My Offspring
    July 2nd, 2010 - Maryland Heights, Missouri
    July 20th, 2012 - St. Louis, Missouri

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMark
    I used to collect old offspring bootlegs, I have them on a hard drive somewhere. Crossroads, Something to believe in, come out swinging, never gonna find me, dirty magic (electric in austrailia, and acoustic in austrailia) i definitely have.
    Mark, we're not giving up.

Why would someone search for an archive of the site from the time when the song was still there, and then post it here as a source?

Anyway, my only hope is that the song is real despite very little information on it and it isn't just another Offspring prank, haha. No matter when it comes out, I just hope we're getting a new song some time.

...and if that person I mentioned above really heard it, we're getting a really interesting song style. My guess is something in the vein of Mad Caddies.
    Last edited by dff_punk; 01-21-2014 at 05:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Heh, I'd be fine if it were a prank... so long as we actually ended up getting something.
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines

Quote Originally Posted by dff_punk View Post

...and if that person I mentioned above really heard it, we're getting a really interesting song style. My guess is something in the vein of Mad Caddies.
    something in the vein of WDYGAJ
    I am not another The Offspring fan but just THE Offspring FAN !

Dexter Holland - "Which one of you goes by the screen name of RonWelty?"