Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a friend just gave me a smartphone

Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    I still don't have one. I'm too easily distracted by internet and games and shit when I'm home, dragging that with me everywhere I go would destroy me.
    It's quite different though, after a while... I'm like you but I almost never play on my phone (Just Plague, really...)...

The thing is : it's useful but it's really not as comfortable as having a real computer.

I think 250 mb can be used fast on a smartphone... It depends on what you do with it but I think it's not enough...on the prices, It's one thing I'm happy to live in France for. I didn't realize it untill recently but phone and internet is ridiculously cheap here. I pay my cell phone 20/month. I can leave my contract whenever I want. And it's unlimited. I can send as many SMS as I want, call everybody for as long as I want, even my friend who lives in Canada and I have so much data that I never use it. I'm not even close to using it.

Same thing for Internet : Home phone + internet (normal broadband connection) + TV = 20 /month. Unlimited.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

I worked for a provider for three years so I've had a smartphone for a while. I love smartphones - they do everything and provide a last bastion against boredom if I'm alone.

Most used apps for me are Whatsapp, BaconReader for Reddit, Pulse for news, Duolingo, Snapchat, Fotmob for the game scores, Netflix mobile, and Wikipedia.

If you are looking for games try Newton Lite and Super Stickman Golf. I wasted hours on the first. HOURS.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Lol, you guys are all cavemen!

I've had a smartphone since february, the only issue I had when I started using it were the notifications, it took me a while to figure out how to toggle off facebook notifications. I also used to hate Instagram, but one day I was really bored, like 3 months after I bought the phone, so I downloaded the app and betrayed my principles... I love Instagram.
    -Chuck Berry is actually a blackberry...

Quote Originally Posted by steinberg View Post
    Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.
    -Gotta love bots...

France sounds awesome.

Those are three words I never expected to put together.

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Snapchat
    Dickpics or it didn't happen.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Btw, GTA 3, Vice City, and San Andreas are available for android and ios. Also final fantasy 1-5 are on ios and maybe android.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

I can't really imagine playing GTA on a phone. Final Fantasy definitely, but not GTA.

I'm thinking I'll soon switch to this so that I can always be streaming something on netflix no matter where I am or what I'm doing. My research suggests this has truly unlimited data usage without the unfathomably evil and inexplicably named "Fair Usage Policy" that other companies employ.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    France sounds awesome.

Those are three words I never expected to put together.
    Well, as a result, we are a population of smartphone and internet addicts. You often see people randomly jumping under the subway because they can't handle the absence of network underground. To avoid awkward social contacts and racism or homophobic outbursts (there were quite a few last year), there is a law currently discussed to forbid any oral discussion that cannot be erased by an administrator. Everything would have to be via facebook or mail. Journalists and unions are pretty upset. The latter because they say that a protest won't look as efficent if you have 300.000 people just writing "not happy" as a facebook status instead of yelling it in the streets. Journalists are already on strike, which is kind of sad because that made us realize that nobody really needs them anyway...
    Everbody posted on their accounts they pretty much agreed with the projects but there is a debate about wether or not the updates and discussions should be controlled before or after being posted. Right-wing thinks that it should be before, to avoid any incident. Left wing says it would be the return of Big Brother.
    There is also some discussions about wether or not Candy Crush should be part of school programs but we will keep that for later.
    Last edited by Harleyquiiinn; 12-24-2013 at 01:12 AM.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Pib, wifi is your best friend when it comes to data caps. I dont have one, but my data usage is ridiculously low, because at work, home, family, and friends homes, my phone remembers and automatically connects to their routers.

That makes me sound like I play on my phone all the time when I am with company, but I have an iphone and imessage functions better on wifi in a large part of town. My 3g coverage is not great.

Beyond that, im a smart phone veteran. I bought the very first one my carrier had, three years ago. It was terrible, but I felt so cool.
    Last edited by _Lost_; 12-27-2013 at 07:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.