Thread: Main character in the "Pretty Fly" video supposedly based on Korn's Fieldy

2 members appreciate this post.

Default Main character in the "Pretty Fly" video supposedly based on Korn's Fieldy

David Silveria, Korn's ex-drummer, just posted the following message on Facebook.

"I just remembered something way too funny not to post since this thread of my conversation about fieldy has been spread around. The idea for the main character in the video "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" from The Offspring is based on fieldy. How do I know this? Because I have worked with the director that wrote it many times in Korn and he told me himself while laughing his ass off!! True story. YouTube the video and enjoy"

Fieldy is Korn's bassist.

Aside from being douchey white-guy hip-hop-style dressers, there's really hardly any resemblance at all.

McG is a big time Hollywood director now… I believe he directed a Terminator movie as well… Whoever inspired the pretty fly character, it doesn't much resemble Fieldy. I have met Fieldy a couple of times, once he was absolutley super cool the other time he seemed like a bit of a fuckwad (but we can all have shitty days right?) anyway he seems like an OK guy, and he absolutley doesn't come of as a wigger at all… so even if Fieldy insipred McG it was probably some sort of impression he gave before McG actually got to know him. He isn't like the guy in the Pretty Fly video.

David Silveria is an asshole, all he does is comment on interviews that he wants to rejoin Korn and that Ray Luzier sucks, he just wants to dragg attention, I used to like him but his recent attitude is just lame and sad.

Btw, the link is broken, I bet someone got his big mouth shut.
    -Chuck Berry is actually a blackberry...

Quote Originally Posted by steinberg View Post
    Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.
    -Gotta love bots...

It's funny that he actually said this, but doesn't seem to be very true based on appearance.

Why would you need inspiration to create a white thug characters. They are/were terribly common.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Phidias View Post
    David Silveria is an asshole, all he does is comment on interviews that he wants to rejoin Korn and that Ray Luzier sucks, he just wants to dragg attention, I used to like him but his recent attitude is just lame and sad.

Btw, the link is broken, I bet someone got his big mouth shut.
    it looks like he deleted it probably because it's not true

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    I believe he directed a Terminator movie as well…
    Never speak of it, diediedie, etc! :P Blahh, aside from Yelchin's Michael Biehn impression and crazy resemblance, that movie blows so hard. Even 3 has good aspects to it, but fuck Salvation with a splintery pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
    Never speak of it, diediedie, etc! :P Blahh, aside from Yelchin's Michael Biehn impression and crazy resemblance, that movie blows so hard. Even 3 has good aspects to it, but fuck Salvation with a splintery pole.
    I agree it was the worst movie I saw in 2009

I mean, Bale sucks in it, Danny Elfman delivered a shitty score (which shouldn't even be humanly possible), that Aussie guy can't act, the terminator designs blow, the giant fucking robot things, Skynet being retarded, blahh.

I wish Joss Whedon had been successful a couple years back when he tried to buy the franchise rights, just to sit on them as long as he could and prevent people from fucking it over further.