Thread: Mission From God alternate

Default Mission From God alternate

I assume you all know the existence of this alternate take of "Mission From God" that's been posted on YouTube:

Just wondering, does anyone know the source of this version? It definitely comes off as being less produced than the Ignition outtake from Punk-O-Rama (then again, I think that track was remixed). Could it be from the 1991 demo tape?
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    Just wondering, does anyone know the source of this version? It definitely comes off as being less produced than the Ignition outtake from Punk-O-Rama (then again, I think that track was remixed). Could it be from the 1991 demo tape?
    yes someone posted it here in 2008 the remastered vinyl version of ignition comes with a download card and that track was a bonus mp3 from epitaph records

EDIT looks like it was 2009 http://offspring.com/community/showt...ferent-version
    Last edited by cool 2 hate 681; 12-28-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Damn, I didn't know that (sorry, I'm kinda late to the game here). Now I'm kinda confused about which version was intended for release on Ignition in the first place.
    Night brings bad dreams

Reading that old thread reminded me how hard Sarah had it… sheesh… oh well. This doesn't sound a whole lot different from the original aside from Ron screaming in the beginning

Hey Mega Man. The version on Punk-O-Rama is simply edited (it's missing the beginning) and heavily remastered. So they are both the same. The one that came with the remastered Ignition is only slightly remastered, so that's the one that was supposed to end up on Ignition.

this song is so great, but in the end even if it's taken out from the album master you can notice that it's not really fitting the album
    My Guitars cover channel

Batman Ninja guitars ---- > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsu...mNXVmfkL4Mi32Q

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    yes someone posted it here in 2008 the remastered vinyl version of ignition comes with a download card and that track was a bonus mp3 from epitaph records

EDIT looks like it was 2009 http://offspring.com/community/showt...ferent-version
    Yeah I was that guy and the admin little_miss was so pissed off that I uploaded an official recording. I explained her that this track was available for download in the limited edition vinyl remastered ignition and it wasn't fair for the other fans who doesn't own a turntable
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic

Quote Originally Posted by holland25 View Post
    Hey Mega Man. The version on Punk-O-Rama is simply edited (it's missing the beginning) and heavily remastered. So they are both the same. The one that came with the remastered Ignition is only slightly remastered, so that's the one that was supposed to end up on Ignition.

So all the backing vocals and further studio work were done specifically for Punk-O-Rama? Well, it sounded authentic, but when stacked up against other Ignition tracks, it's apparent that it was remixed/remastered.
    Night brings bad dreams

thanks for posting this. i think between this and the vultures alternate, you get a really cool insight into their recording process.