Thread: I need help finding a PDF for a Math textbook

1 members appreciate this post.

Question I need help finding a PDF for a Math textbook

I need a PDF for "College Mathematics for Business, Economics, Life Sciences and Social Sciences" (12th Edition)

As well as a few other textbooks, for that matter. Is there any good, reliable blog, torrent, or forum that dedicates itself to textbooks? I used to be so good at finding them a few years ago, but now I feel like all my resources are gone. I would greatly appreciate it if anybody here can help me find this book.

I seriously don't want to pay for this only, to use it for a four month course.

Thank you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Another Pilot Down: The Artwork of George Gonzalez
    website | blog | facebook | twitter | deviantart

Try the library. I hear they have books in those places.

Have you tried Ebay or Amazon?

Ebay and Amazon cost $$$. He doesn't want to pay anything for the use. It's a math book, he'll figure it out.

Well if he can't find the book then he will need to pay for it. Sometimes Ebay and Amazon will sell it for cheaper than the college bookstore. I was just throwing it out there.

Or have someone buy the book for you.

I guess nobody got my joke.

My first university had a book rental system. You were able to buy the books if you wanted, but you could also just rent them for a low fee. Every university should have that - it's much more affordable for the students, and all the people who put the effort into making the book still earn money for their work. Buying books is a huge rip-off, and it just leads to people finding ways to get them for free.

I used to buy the books I wanted to buy on a website that sold used college books for very cheap. I think it was half.com?

Edit: Yep, half.com. The full price for the book is $80, but you can get it on half.com for $40, or rent it for $18. As a teacher, I don't really support downloading this kind of material for free due to the amount of work, time, and intelligence that goes into making it... but I find the full prices exorbitant and think a good compromise is to buy it used or rent it. http://search.half.ebay.com/College-...encesQQmZbooks
    Last edited by Llamas; 01-08-2014 at 12:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Dude, just google it in your preferred format. You'll find a few sites promising it. A bunch of them will ask you for money, so ignore those and check the others. They'll all ask you to download something to 'facilitate' the download. If it's adware, suck it up and bother to decline the installation when the time comes. Anything else, obviously look elsewhere.

Try places like aaaaarg.org as well, though I don't know about college textbooks or newest edition. There is still a massive selection.

Or try one of the short list provided here.

I hated paying for textbooks. So I rarely did.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Dude, just google it in your preferred format. You'll find a few sites promising it. A bunch of them will ask you for money, so ignore those and check the others. They'll all ask you to download something to 'facilitate' the download. If it's adware, suck it up and bother to decline the installation when the time comes. Anything else, obviously look elsewhere.

Try places like aaaaarg.org as well, though I don't know about college textbooks or newest edition. There is still a massive selection.

Or try one of the short list provided here.

I hated paying for textbooks. So I rarely did.
    Thanks for those resources, man. I appreciate it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Another Pilot Down: The Artwork of George Gonzalez
    website | blog | facebook | twitter | deviantart