Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: you know you've hit a new low...

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    I have Casey gas station deliver my pizza. Their large taco pizza is pretty good for $12.
    You really like that pizza but with me I'm not big of fan of it. I mean alright but nothing special.

Jebus, great choice of video there.

This really isn't helping my...homesickness? What exactly should you call longing for a place where you lived for ages but technically wasn't your home? Anyway, that.

Oh hey, missing Kansas. A new low. I usually pretend I just miss Portland because it's so much cooler. But I miss both, damn it. I miss both.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Phoenix is a huge city, for sure, but we have pizza like this everywhere:

The first is from a place called Pizzeria Bianco, dude won a James Beard Award for his pizza, crazy.
    Last edited by WebDudette; 01-17-2014 at 04:47 PM.
    I wrote a four word letter.

One time I woke up and went outside at like 2 pm, incredibly hungover/still drunk, and ate a Jack in the Box taco or two that I found around the pool area. Like, perfectly fine, except they'd been sitting in the summer sun for 8 hours. Not my lowest point, but I wasn't proud.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    One time I woke up and went outside at like 2 pm, incredibly hungover/still drunk, and ate a Jack in the Box taco or two that I found around the pool area. Like, perfectly fine, except they'd been sitting in the summer sun for 8 hours. Not my lowest point, but I wasn't proud.
    Your lowest point probably came a few hours later.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    No.
    Consider that much of the world uses knife and fork, including the place where pizza originated. Try eating pizza in Italy with your hands. Not only will everyone stare at you, but your pizza will collapse and your plate will be covered in toppings that slid off. Pizza originated in Italy as a use for leftover dough - very thin, and the point was the toppings. The bread was just something to put it on. In the US, the bread has become far too dominant, and I strongly dislike it. Pizza Hut knows that tons of people throw out the "crust", and found a sort of solution in stuffed crust.

There's plenty of brick oven places in the states. I can't comment on the ratio of places that have them here compared to other countries, but it's not like it's a rarity here. There are tons of places that do that kind of stuff in America. Granted, they might be in the minority, but you really don't have to go to another country to get them.
    I was speaking in general, as I thought was obvious - not saying it's impossible to find decent pizza in the US. But if you randomly try a pizzeria, chances are you're gonna end up with something that's (in my opinion) quite mediocre.

I really don't think that's a problem, especially if you have multiple people that want pizza at the same time, but I don't know where you've been going that you think the huge pizzas are the only option. Every single pizza chain out there offers smaller pizzas, and the vast, vast, vast majority of non-chain places I've gone that don't focus pretty exclusively on pizza by the slice offer personal pan pizzas.
    I often go for dinner with several people who all want something different - very rarely does more than one or two people want pizza. And the "personal" pizzas (six inches) in the US are not enough for a meal for me, while the next size up (twelve inches) is considerably too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    Hahaha oh my god. I just had to look this story up... I can not believe people are upset about this

I'm really surprised that several people took to disagreeing with me/standing up for American pizza. Have you guys had pizza elsewhere that was bad in comparison (besides apparently the UK )?

Personally, I think there are a number of things to choose from that the US does at a higher quality than any other country... but I honestly can not think of a dish that belongs in that list. Whenever people go back to the US from here and ask what they should bring back for others, I always have some requests, but the only food items that go in the list are purely nostalgic (mac n cheese, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    This really isn't helping my...homesickness? What exactly should you call longing for a place where you lived for ages but technically wasn't your home? Anyway, that.

Oh hey, missing Kansas. A new low. I usually pretend I just miss Portland because it's so much cooler. But I miss both, damn it. I miss both.
    Hahahahaha. Well, I sometimes miss Minnesota, and I moved there when I was 19 and left when I was 25. But Kansas? Definitely a new low
    Last edited by Llamas; 01-18-2014 at 03:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Consider that much of the world uses knife and fork, including the place where pizza originated.
    Much of the world also lives in miserable squalor, including the place where humanity originated.

But I think I'll just keep living in real houses with running water and electricity and pizzas that are meant to be eaten without utensils.
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Okay, fine... so most of the developed world eats their pizza with knife and fork... only poor slobs eat it with their hands
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Kids in African slums? We're talking about eating pizza with or without fork and knife, are we? I eat my pizza without them. In Austria, I quite enjoy pizza, it's good. I prefer eating chicken (like chicken wings) with fork and knife, though. Sounds weird, but I can make that work.
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

Know who else used a knife and fork?