Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: you know you've hit a new low...

Quote Originally Posted by Offspring-Junkie View Post
    Kids in African slums? We're talking about eating pizza with or without fork and knife, are we? I eat my pizza without them. In Austria, I quite enjoy pizza, it's good. I prefer eating chicken (like chicken wings) with fork and knife, though. Sounds weird, but I can make that work.
    Do you guys have that chain in Vienna that they have in Graz? There are like four pizzerias in Graz all owned by the same people. The menu looks like this:

They have a salad one, toast one, and pizza one... you choose your size at the top, and then select your toppings... and a medium pizza is only like 5 euros or so. They were pretty much my favorite places to eat when I was a student there. The pizza isn't amazing, but it's damn good for the price, and the topping selection is pretty sweet (especially considering I am one of the toppings - Briekäse ) A pizza and a pint of Puntigamer... for under 8 euros... dream come true.

I also recall fondly a place in the Czech Republic that delivers pizza and beer. Their pizza was nothing special, but damn. Rainy Saturday night in... bring me a pizza and a couple Kozels, please and thank you.

I guess we're a bit off-topic, eh? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Never heard of any pizza franchise or chain or whatever in Vienna or elsewhere in Austria.

Kozel... makes any other beer taste bad (except of Desperados maybe). I got both in my fridge right now!!!

My favourite Austrian celebrity Adolf. Never misses to prove a point. Speaking of hitting a new low...
    Last edited by Offspring-Junkie; 01-18-2014 at 05:56 PM.
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

I knew I hit a new low when I was offered a job as a stripper. College is a scary place.
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines

Just because I was curious what I'd find, here's the most appetizing image I find on the first page of image search, per capital city of the countries I've lived in: "pizza v Ljubljani":

"pizza in Wien": (it's a tie)
    (omg that looks sooo good)
    "pizza v Praze":

"pizza in DC":

Want pizza now. Damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Offspring-Junkie View Post
    Kozel... makes any other beer taste bad (except of Desperados maybe). I got both in my fridge right now!!!
    Just stop it Offspring-Junkie, or should I say Llamas? It's obvious that you're using two accounts. Can no one else see it? Like "Vienna" even exists. You're not fooling us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    I knew I hit a new low when I was offered a job as a stripper.
    And just for the record, in your world, what does "low" mean? Because I've been using it as a negative.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks

Are you hungry or angry now? Do you want a kozel?
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    And just for the record, in your world, what does "low" mean? Because I've been using it as a negative.
    Hey man, if you want to be a stripper, I won't judge. However, that is not one of my aspirations, nor do I take any sort of pride in being offered.
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines

I first registered here thirteen years ago.

And then, two years later, I did it again.

And if I had to do it anew, I would do it again.

For some reason your "pizza in DC" search actually turned up a place in Philly called Pizza Brain that's both a restaurant and pizza museum. I haven't been there yet, but keep meaning to check it out.

Haha, that's odd. But I feel like I've actually heard of Pizza Brain... perhaps it's a small chain, or maybe there's just a pizza place somewhere else with the same name. I feel like the latter is more likely. Or maybe I'm just imagining that I've heard of it.

A British friend just explained the pizza situation in the UK, and now I understand why Richard misses pizza in the US - it sounds like all the UK really has are chain places like Domino's. No options at all for anything somewhat better. According to him it's because pizza isn't very popular in the UK, and people prefer curry and such. That's pretty rough. I could never live in the UK for that reason alone, haha.

Also, I got my appetite back yesterday after having the flu, so I decided to indulge in my favorite pizza from the pizzeria I can walk to (cause no way am I paying for delivery!)

I forced myself to save two slices for today. I'm excited.
    Last edited by Llamas; 01-26-2014 at 06:57 AM.