Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: you know you've hit a new low...

I think lots of people I know have eaten pizza that has been in their bag/on the floor for a number of days. Myself included. Just wish there was a way to keep it crunchy.

Nah, it's not a chain (though I suppose it's possible it'll become one at some point), it's a recent addition to Philly and it's the only one. I guess it's possible there are other unrelated places with the same name, though the pic you found is from the place in Philly's site, not a place in DC.
    http://www.pizzabrain.org/about-pizza-brain/
    Last edited by nieh; 01-26-2014 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    A British friend just explained the pizza situation in the UK, and now I understand why Richard misses pizza in the US - it sounds like all the UK really has are chain places like Domino's. No options at all for anything somewhat better. According to him it's because pizza isn't very popular in the UK, and people prefer curry and such. That's pretty rough. I could never live in the UK for that reason alone, haha.
    Yeah, pretty much. Sorry I hadn't made that clear. I wouldn't say that pizza isn't popular though. Most people here say they like pizza. It's just tragic that they haven't had anything better than Dominos. And again, Dominos is even worse here than in the US.

My friend/flatmate makes excellent pizza though. He used to work in a pizzeria though I have no idea if that place was any good. But anyway, he makes the crust from scratch and uses fresh ingredients and it's just fantastic. And he tends to put an egg on it too. That was the first time I had heard of such a thing. So basically if you want good pizza here you have to make it yourself.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. Sorry I hadn't made that clear. I wouldn't say that pizza isn't popular though. Most people here say they like pizza. It's just tragic that they haven't had anything better than Dominos. And again, Dominos is even worse here than in the US.
    That's so strange. Do better pizzerias set up shop and go out of business quickly, or does nobody ever even try?

My friend/flatmate makes excellent pizza though. He used to work in a pizzeria though I have no idea if that place was any good. But anyway, he makes the crust from scratch and uses fresh ingredients and it's just fantastic. And he tends to put an egg on it too. That was the first time I had heard of such a thing. So basically if you want good pizza here you have to make it yourself.
    Nothing like a homemade pizza if you have the right kind of oven. I only have a convection oven in this apartment, so I can't make good pizza at home... I still do it every once in a while, though, just because I make my sauce exactly to my liking and it's rare to find pizza sauces that match that. Awesome that you live with someone who does this regularly!

And dude, the egg thing. When I first ordered a pizza with egg here, I expected sliced up boiled egg all over it. I was surprised and kinda weirded out when the pizza came... but then I dove in and holy crap. It is simple genius.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    That's so strange. Do better pizzerias set up shop and go out of business quickly, or does nobody ever even try?
    I really have no idea but if I had to guess I'd say people probably don't even try.

I live right in the middle of Nottingham so there are loads of food places just across the street from me. Mostly either fried chicken or kebab oriented and every one seems entirely staffed by people of middle-eastern descent. Several of these offer some kind of pizza for a reasonable price but again it is not good pizza.

I suspect a good pizzeria would struggle to attract customers because people just don't even know how good pizza can be and so are satisfied with the shit they can already get. It would probably require an excellent marketing campaign to get people interested initially and from there word of mouth might do the trick.

And of course there may well be good pizzerias somewhere in the UK. Just none that I know of.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Two words: cooking wine.

1 members appreciate this post.

I just discovered that Papa John's actually exists in the UK (since 2001 apparently) and I appear to live within delivery range.

Now, it may turn out to be inferior to the American version, and it's still waaay more expensive than I'd be paying in the states (though reasonably priced by UK standards) but I'm tentatively excited.

And they do Two For Tuesdays! Okay, maybe I'm more than "tentatively" excited. I like pizza, okay?

When you text your guy of 7 years Happy Valentine's Day I ♡ you and then he yells at you because you said you love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I'd love to mock you for this except I've been in situations that weren't too different. Once my wife and I actually got in the wrong car when leaving Wal-Mart. The wrong fucking car. Both of us.
    One time I was at the grocery store with my friend but I felt sick so she was like "the car is unlocked, just go wait in the car" and I got in the wrong car and there was a guy in the car eating a giant fucking pepperoni stick. He tried to hit me with it, understandably but I apologized and got out of the car. He seemed high as fuck though. Before I shut the door he asked me if I wanted some.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Reading this thread made me throw up.
    Because I'm already sick and the color scheme must have set me off. Sorry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    Also, sometimes I'm not sober. Sometimes I make threads when I'm not sober.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
    You're too late. I've already infiltrated the Offspring forums. Next, it's the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Cranking it into a red solo cup while watching 40 year old re-runs of I Dream of Jeanie all the while snorting black pepper and knocking back shots of Jack.

NY/NJ pizza above all. And I've been to Chicago and had their pizza. Eff that noise.

My newest low? Missing old friends and drunkenly resetting my password for this place last night. I don't think it will last. But haaaaaiiii!

i guess it's all about the dream