Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is it...

Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    There's no question about it, they're doctors in their own right.
    Yes, but what kind? There's a great deal of leeway in who is allowed to call themselves a "doctor" and of course it varies by country. My joke was based on the fact that it's quite common for people to consider medical doctors to be the only "real" doctors and dentists usually only have dental degrees instead of the longer medical degrees obtained by these "real" doctors. It's a bit like making fun of PE teachers by saying they aren't real teachers. Not a very good joke and pretty niche. Not sure why I broke it out.

Moving on.

I've never really understood where the myth about British teeth comes from. We have the best teeth in the world. That's a verifiable fact.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Well, now you mention it, I'm not sure anymore. They hold a dental doctor degree. How that would rank amongst physicians, I don't know.

"most Brits simply don't find slightly crooked or off-white teeth all that unappealing."

--> That's the point. They take their cue from snaggletoothed pirates!
    And I agree with slavs having decayed teeth. I still shudder when I reminisce about it...

But Brits are not alone in finding crooked teeth vaguely alluring. I do, too. Well, at any rate it's more interesting than a Colgate smile.

To me slightly crooked or off-white teeth simply look like teeth. The kind of teeth idealized by Americans look as fake to me as Pamela Anderson's breasts. Not unpleasant exactly but oddly alien and impersonal.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

I'm pretty sure the stereotype comes from the fact that the UK and US are responsible for the vast majority of films and TV programs watched in North America and Europe, and if you compare the teeth of the actors, American teeth are flawless... so British teeth look really bad by comparison, even though they're basically just normal. I don't really get the obsession with perfect teeth, honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Your toes are as far as possible from your brain - when something hurts your toes, it takes a long time for the signal to travel through your entire body to your brain, and then back down to your toes, and THAT's when you feel the pain. There's always a slight delay with any injury, but it's most noticeable with the toes due to the distance.
    See PIB, this is why, at least with you specifically, your pain sensation is almost immediate with you when you fall on your ass. The proximity of your brain to your ass makes you feel the pain instantaneously.

And it only took you four days to come up with that. I'm impressed.

Well I came up with it tomorrow, so there.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    And it only took you four days to come up with that. I'm impressed.
    You act like I actually hang out here and read this stuff?? lol...I read it and immediately thought of my 'ol pal, PIB. Also sort of explains your bad breath.

Whoa, there. Halitosis is a very grave accusation and should not be levied against anyone with erm, levity.

Britain's have horrible looking teeth. Horrible. Brit's have those god damn crooked ass yellow gopher grinding teeth that grow in six different directions and stick out past their lips. Ever see a friggin ghoul in a movie? British teeth. Shit, Brit's can't even stick out their tongue past their teeth for fuck sake. That study quoted listed the amount of decay...not physical appearance. If my teeth looked like the average carrot crimping Brit's teeth, I'd pray for fucking tooth decay and yank those crooked ass chicklets out of my head.