Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BBS Mixtape Vol VIII

Fight Pain With Fire: The mixtape is back with a bang. Incredible energy and aggressiveness, an ideal opener for the tape.
    I had heard this song before as a live recording. Very nice to hear a cleaner version of this!

Substance P: My song.

Vicker's Theme: Thibault is known for contributing gems to the mixtapes; this one is no exception.
    Even though it is pretty different from the usual punk/rock songs on the mixtape genre-wise, it doesn't seem out of place.
    I love the alternation between the loud, distorted instruments and the quieter parts (that piano riff is damn catchy!).
    That bass sounds like it's about to tear down my apartment walls.

The Last Of The Mexicans: Very nice acoustic interlude. Again, a nice departure from the main punk theme of the mixtape.

Who You're Not: A beautiful acoustic piece. I think the vocals could use some compression as the loudness differences sometimes seem a bit rough.
    Love the transition from pre-chorus to the catchy vocals in the chorus.

Her Wounds: Ska-rhythms from Perception Check(formerly Against Belief) are a novelty. The chorus is catchy as hell, as usual for AB/PC.
    Oh, and the vocals going completely crazy for the last chorus? Classic AB/PC, as well! I like the way the vocal samples are used before the last chorus.

IVP: My second song.

Last Defeat: Catchyness has a new name. I remember hearing the guitar riff ages ago in a demo version, and I must say that this has been developed into a great song.
    Slightly more melodic than FPWF yet just as much energy behind the melodies. Great song!

Leadfoot: Another electronic masterpiece by Thibault. I like the gradual buildups and breakdowns, as well as the groovy vibes that this song radiates.

Rainin' Blues: A very slow-paced song for a change. Delicious guitar (solo) work as we are used from Coneman, plus soulful vocals.
    Very cool to get more diversity in the mix...

Nothing Inside: ...because now we're back to P U N K at its finest. I think this is one of the strongest AB/PC songs to date.
    Powerful vocals, great energetic harmonies, and general energy that makes me want to smash things. I really like the outro as well. High-quality!

Discomfort Inn: The mixtape closes with a beautiful ballad by Brianna. The harmonies are really nice, complementing amazing main vocals.
    I don't usually get enthusiastic about slow acoustic ballads, but this one really deserves the praise. Great work!

Overall review:
    Even though this mixtape has a clear shortage of artists, it is a great sequel. The quality has made yet another step forward and makes it a pleasure to listen to from the first to the last second. This mixtape definitely deserves to be listened to by people who do not usually check out Your Band, as this tape nicely represents the diverse musical talent that this section has to offer. Great work, everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Aw shit, I didn't realise this was up. I'm gunna download this now, and listen through once or twice and do my usual review. Thanks to the nice things said about my stuff so far, and thanks Homer for doing this again .

I'm excited to hear this, and I wonder if Thibault is once again making us all look bad by continually having the best track on the album haha.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

Whoops, forgot about the lyrics:

Break the walls
    We believe in you
    Please just stand up, your life’s not boring
    Giving up
    Will not help you through
    You just need to wake up and you know why

When you’re feeling like you want to die
    Someone’s out there who wants you to try
    To realise all the things you’ve been through
    May just make the best of you

Chorus:
    Forget all the shit they’ve been throwing all the time
    You’ve got to keep fighting, you have to stay alive
    Somewhere there’s someone who cares about your life
    Whoa-ooo
    You gotta keep going
    We’ve all gone through hard times, we all have fucked up lives
    You’ve got to keep breathing, nobody wants to die
    Just take any chances, opportunities to fight
    Whoa-ooo
    You gotta get up on your own

Clench your fist
    Shove it through that wall
    Separates you from all your brothers
    To break free
    This is all you need
    Start to think how to solve your problems

When you feel like there’s no need to try
    Please just wake up and open your eyes
    Realize all the things you’ve gone through
    Can’t bring down the best of you

Chorus

When you feel like there’s no need to try
    Please just wake up and open your eyes
    To realise all the things you’ve been through
    May just make the best of you

This was recorded what, 2 years ago? We really need to finally record that EP we've been talking about for ages. We've been demoing some new songs before the proper recording sessions. Hopefully the whole thing is out by this summer, as we're playing on the Punk Rock Holiday festival in Tolmin, Slovenia (NOFX, Ignite and a shitload of other bands are playing as well, we might get to hang out with them), and we want to have some of our material available for the few fans we have so far

Gotta check the mixtape, I've been very busy lately, the uni exams have started...

Thanks to Homer for compiling and mastering this

Usually I wait a while for more people to post reviews since I've already listened to all of these songs so many times over, but I figured I'd post mine to carry Adrian's example of getting the ball rolling.

Fight Pain With Fire
    When Rooster broke the sanctity of the BBS Mixtape by submitting his songs via posting them publicly in the thread I was admittedly reluctant to include two songs from his band, however when I heard this song start blasting from my speakers I knew I'd feel terrible for not including both songs. This one is a great punk rock gem inciting bands from the glory days like NOFX, Lagwagon, Bad Religion, etc. I thought for sure a Ricetigers track would be the one to open as the first track for the Mixtape, but dang I just had to start it off with this driving force.

Substance P
    I like this track a lot. I just love the riff of the lead guitar here, and the bridge is so damn melodic and pleasing to listen to. I'm jealous that I haven't written something similar back in the Against Belief days. It's as if Adrian took a Bad Religion song and just funk-i-fied it a little. I don't know what I'm saying, but all I know is that this is a highlight in the Ricetigers catalogue.

Vicker's Theme
    Hey, Thibault. Do you like video games? I think you like video games. Instantly when I had this track start playing, I immediately thought of a boss battle theme from Super Meat Boy. This song just makes me want to get up sit down at my couch and tear up my controller by kicking some evil-doers ass in a classic platformer or something. Or maybe even an RPG? I love it.

The Last Of The Mexicans
    God damn. I know I was expecting some acoustic masterpiece yet again from you, Ciaran. Because that's what you always do and you always do it well. But for whatever reason, I just absolutely love the melodies in this. Actually I guess the reason is that they are, in fact, great. It's such a damn beautiful song, and I want to cover it with a full band setting because why the hell not. Speaking of RPGs, actually, I can definitely see this song being featured on a classic PS1-era RPG; Maybe like a desert town or something. If that were the case, this song would definitely be on all of the top 10 VGM Songs of All Time the kids are posting these days. Great job, and make sure you tell whoever else was a part of this what I said about the song.

Who You're Not
    You need to get a better microphone - and I don't mean that as an insult, but rather a compliment. This song is awesome and I want to hear it in all of its clear, glory! The lyrics are awesome and angry, too, which I love. I take it, not just by the Discomfort Inn cover, by the sound of this song that you're a Tony Sly fan? Very powerful, very meaningful, and very catchy - which is exactly in Tony Sly fashion. I tried my damnedest to get the best sound out of the song by mastering it, but in the end you just gotta go out and grab a better microphone. I'd love to hear a clearer version of this!

Her Wounds
    This is my song so I'll just elaborate on the writing of it.

This song is a huge departure from what I've written throughout my time as a song writer both musically and lyrically. Ska, to me, is an interesting genre. I feel there's a very fine line between ska being shitty and ska being brilliant. After a huge Operation Ivy and Streetlight Manifesto binge, I decided to sit down and write this song. The mood and delicateness of the music prompted me to tackle a delicate issue: rape. I've never really dived in to writing a song through the female perspective on such a hard issue before, so this was an exercise in both challenging myself and creating something that can resonate with somebody that I have a hard time resonating with. The content of this song is derived from recounts of people I know who have been and raped, and others that I know who have somebody close to them who've been raped. I tried my best to channel the emotions I felt from those anecdotes, and hopefully the impact of these issues is felt through the song.

Also, Republicans say really, really stupid shit. Oh my god.

IVP
    Classic Ricetigers. It never ceases to amaze me how you can come up with such solid, driving riffs and I am forever jealous of that ability. Seriously, every time I hear a Ricetigers song I instantly just want to pick up my guitar and cover the shit outta it. I mean, I'm listening to it right now as I type this and I've already hit replay twice on it. It's awesome to hear how much you've progressed ability wise, but the songwriting has remained the same. That's a damn good thing as well as a rare thing to find in songwriters. I knew I had to place this song here in the tracklisting to bring the mood of the Mixtape into wall-punch mode. I can always count on a Ricetigers song for that, and I don't want it any other way.

Last Defeat
    I guess a good, driving lead guitar is the official theme of this podcast, because this song's got it all the way throughout the song, too! I had a hard time deciding between this track and IVP as the track to usher in the 'second half' of the Mixtape with a wall-punch feeling. It's such a solid song in all aspects: the lyrics are great, it's catchy, and band is tight - I especially love the bridge. This is totally classic punk all the way, and I'm glad I know about you guys now. I am definitely looking forward to what else you guys have to offer. Can't wait for the Ricetigers/All One To Me world tour.

Leadfoot
    Hey, Thibault. I think you like video games; I think I can confirm that, now. When I first heard this I instantly want to put on a sweet letterman jacket, grab a baseball bat, and hit up a dance club with some violent rage; But then I realized that Hotline Miami exists and that this track deserves to be on Hotline Miami 2's OST. Seriously, I hate electronic music with a passion save for a specific sub-genre of it, and you've tapped in to that sub-genre like nobody's business. When I eventually convince my game development team to work on an 80's style, violent game I will request your music; And since you love video games so damn much, there's no way you'll refuse.

Rainin' Blues
    Hey, coneman. Do you like Pink Floyd? That'd be really weird if you didn't, because this could totally be passed off as a classic by them. As I was mastering a lot of these tracks to equalize and normalize them all out, I stopped at this track. Sure, I could've raise the volume a little, and I could've played around with the EQ a bit; But, I knew exactly what you were going for and I just have to say that you've nailed it. I'm not a huge fan of this style of music, but I can definitely appreciate its merits. So much so, in fact, that I think I'm going to show my guitarist this. He LOVES this style, and I'm sure he'll love and appreciate the crap outta this song. All I ask in return is that you give me your talent. I want all of your talent.

Dead Inside
    Another track of mine that I will gladly offer insight to even though nobody asked for it!

This song is to be the closing track of a free EP that I've (sadly) been working on for a number of years now. The entire EP (which I think might be considered a full fledged album, now) is centered around the theme of loss, and the toxicity of relationships. Naturally, that theme is derived from a shitty experience I've had. When I went to write this song, I was coming off of a low in my life, and I began to look at everything in my life more subjectively. I thought it'd be cool to look at a toxic relationship from both angles, and in doing so I realized that nobody wins with each side hurts the same from those toxins.

Discomfort Inn
    Discomfort Inn! I love, love, LOVE this song, the lyrics, the melodies - just everything; And hey, you know what? You did it justice. It's weird because for your last song I wanted a clearer version recorded on a new mic, but since this is cover of an already acoustic song, the poor quality gives it a different kind of character from the original; Character that works. I think that's a testament to how great of a song it is. Since this is a cover, I shouldn't really comment on the songwriting, but all I've got to say is that you did Mr. Sly justice. Excellent cover.

Overall review
    Though I had some speed bumps in getting this release out in the wild, I will say that I had a blast in putting it all together. The tracklisting came so naturally to me, it was almost as if the songs fit in to place. Everybody did simply amazingly, and it's so awesome to hear how far everybody's come over the years. Though there aren't that many people around to hear the Mixtapes anymore, I like to think that they now offer an opportunity to enlighten us on just how far we are progressing not only as musicians, but as people. Sometimes we forget these things, but it's nice to see how clear it is when it's all laid out in front of you.

Good job, everybody.
    Last edited by Homer; 01-27-2014 at 02:34 AM.

I downloaded the mixtape and I'll give it a listen soon!
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Okay, it's time for my review.

Fight Pain with Fire - All One to Me

Well, I already know All One to Me's recordings, and I've even seen them live - I'm so cool, the only person on this BBS who's seen a mixtape contributor perform live But anyway, this stuff is damn catchy, even if I've mostly moved away from punk over the years. The recording quality is really good and I enjoy the Pennywise-esque sound. 8/10

Substance P - Ricetigers

The biggest thing I can say for you guys would be the huge improvement in vocals over the years! I remember that being the weakest part early on, but now it totally works. You found your groove The guitar riff reminds me a lot of the Offspring (I like it!) - and the bass part is pretty cool. Cool ending, as well! 8/10

Vickers' Theme - Thibault

The intro is awesome, man. I'm not the hugest fan of where it goes immediately after that, but I totally dig the keyboard parts of the song. Once the video game 16th notes start, too - I like how they dance above the pounding. Really cool tune. 8.5/10

The Last of the Mexicans - Naturally Brewed

Well, man, you officially earned my trophy for the best song on the mixtape. This song is fucking awesome. I could do with less sampling (I liked how you used it, but I just didn't like the artificial sounds detracting from the beautifully organic sound of the whole piece), but everything else about this tune is just fantastic, from that fun bass line, to that picking part around 1:20. Fuck yeah. 9.5/10

Who You're Not - Brianna J

So this is my song... I technically wrote it in 2009, so the style of the song is structured much more like my older "style", but I wrote the second half of the lyrics and recorded it last July, so it still has a very different style in the end to how it was intended when I first wrote it. It is on my list of songs that will be redone when I get a good mic. I want to do something with the bridge, and adjust how I sing the melody in the verses. Otherwise, I won't change much when I rerecord it. I might add some drums... we'll see. angsty/trupunx

Her Wounds - Perception Check

So fun! Digging the guitar riff (especially the tone) and the chorus. I don't even know what to say about this other than that I just really enjoy it - I love the genre-bending and just good vibes. 9/10

IVP - Ricetigers

Hmm, this one is a bit more generic, I guess? I found the other song you contributed much more interesting - maybe this is just more straight-up punk and less suited to my tastes? It's not bad by any means; it's just not my taste, I guess. 7/10

Last Defeat - All One to Me

You guys really do come up with fun riffs. And I think you guys really like Pennywise Another catchy song from some true punks! 8/10

Lead Foot - Thibault

Ahh I fricken love the end-of-phrase suspensions in this one. It's groovy as heck, as well, and I can't help but move my body. I definitely like this one more than the other one. The shift in the song and the slow build back in the second half is sweet. 9/10

Rainin' Blues - Ciaran

Your Joe Satriani influence is showing And that's fucking awesome. Your guitar melodies are pretty as heck, AND now you're doing the vocal thing! Very cool. You're definitely much more of a guitarist than singer (of course you know that), but this is one of the better instances I've heard of a "non-singer" making his voice work with the music. It totally suits the mood. I love this. My only complaint is that it's a bit long, but maybe I need to give it more listens. 9/10

Dead Inside - Perception Check

I hope this isn't a bad thing to say because I don't know what the circumstances are or what the difference in lineup is between Perception Check and Against Belief.... but I like Perception Check a lot more. I dunno what it is exactly - the other song is a really cool mix of styles, but this is more straight-up pop-punk. And as stated, that's not really in my tastes anymore... but I really enjoy this one. Maybe it reminds me a lot of that late-90s/early-00s stuff I loved so much? A bit of NUFAN, Lagwagon... melodic as hell and really cool chorus. 8.5/10

Discomfort Inn - Brianna J

So yeah, Tony's songwriting has always been inspirational to me. I plan on rerecording this one with a better mic, too, and getting the rhythm tighter... but I adore this song. Tony was such a talent... it's such a beautifully sad song. depressing/I miss you, Tony
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Damn guys, the reviews of my stuff have left me with a big beaming smile. Really nice to know it's being enjoyed
    I will respond individually to some stuff later where you guys asked questions, but for now I'll do my review.

My number ratings are completely subjective towards the genre. So for example, I'm a huge rock fan, I might give a rock song a 6/10 and a punk song a 10/10, but prefer the rock song. Just in case anyone thinks I'm giving them a lower rating than a track that I reviewed in more critical language.

Fight Pain With Fire - All One To Me.
    Yep. That's energetic. Pretty much exactly what I'd expect from the BBS Mixtape, and I don't mean that in a bad way at all. I love my punk stuff too. Very angry and aggressive vocal, very cool. I think I can hear a Misfits influence? Cool stuff. My only complaint would be the guitar tone is a little jarring, but that's very suitable to the song. 7/10

Substance P - Ricetigers
    Perfect follow up. I really like the guitar tone on this one actually, the intro riff is great, very attention grabbing. I really like the hi-hat and tom play on the drums too, very bouncy. Again just what I'd expect from the BBS, very suited to the usual first half of the mixtape. Since I have to do something critical, my only complaint is that music like this should have an angrier vocal, the vocal is a little withheld I think. 6.5/10

Thibault - Vickers Theme.
    God damn it. Stop it Thibault. Stop. Just stop making such awesome music. Well don't actually stop, but you know. Stop. This is so fucking sick. I fucking love this. Aghh God. This needs to be the music for a Sci-Fi horror game. I can't help but feel like I'm walking down an abandoned space ships hull, and all the crew have been dismembered by some un-seen terrifying lurking figure, and I'm next. I'm not even a fan of electronic music. This is fucking fantastic. I was going to say my critique would be that this is a little short, but it's not, it's exactly the length it should be. That arpeggiated thing that starts at about 1.50 minutes in, what the fuck *is* that? How do I do it? Why didn't I think of it? 10/10 Easily my favourite track on the album..........again.

Naturally Brewed - The Last of The Mexicans.
    So this is my track, Naturally Brewed is myself, another guitar player, and a bassist. We have only made this one track together, but we jam all the time, those two guys are in a hip-hop/funk rock kind of band together so I rarely get to work with them properly, I really enjoy it when we do though. Basically I came up with the main chords and main riff for this and presented it to them and said "Mexican Prison Escapees being hunted on the Western frontier" and they just fucking nailed the vibe I wanted them to do. So as I say, I came up with the main riff and chords, but the other guys definitely came up with sections also. Notably the main break down when we are all harmonising was the bassists idea, and we all worked on the horns etc. This is probably my favourite thing I've ever done. Very inspired by Kill Bill and Red Dead Redemption. Me/10.

Bri - Who You're Not.
    I don't want to start with a downer, but I can't shake..well you already know, the mic quality is really letting this down, other than that though yeah this is definitely great. You know what's weird? I get the feeling you weren't going for punk at all, but that chord progression is so totally an Offspringish chord progression (with Offspringish artwork on it), even those harmonies, I could totally see Dexter and Noodles covering this haha. The single notes later on were a nice touch too, well played This one really builds. I dig it ! Just totally get some better equipment gurfrenn. 7/10

Perception Check - Her Wounds.
    So Against Belief always had my favourite punk stuff on the mixtapes, so I'm glad that while it's a different band, you're still contributing stuff man. Again the Bad Religion influence is immediately noticeable in the vocals, which by the way are great for the subject matter, you can really feel the anger/hopelessness. After a few listens the lyrics definitely started to shine through too, very dark song man. I have to say that clean/reverby tone on the lead riff is really great for ska. I could hear a dub remix of that lead or something, really cool. 8.5/10

IVP- Ricetigers
    Nice intro riff. I like the choppy feel of the verse riff too, and that double stop bend riff going through it too, nice touch. Again just a little more anger in the vocals would complete this. Very Offspringish guitar though. 7.5/10

Last Defeat - All One To Me
    Yeah, I'm definitely thinking you guys have a Misfits influence? Really nice melody for the riff! Again really great angry vocals, just perfect for this kind of music. Really nice part there with all the instruments hitting at once. Cool backing vocals too. WOooaaahhhooohhh. 8/10

Thibault - Leadfoot.
    You are way too good at this stuff. This one, to my (probably) untrained ear is a little bit more traditional dance/electronic music than any of your other stuff, so it's not resonating quite nearly as much, it's just not specifically to my taste, but there are definitely parts of this that are brilliant. The heavy beat sections aren't really for me, but the break down parts are great. I could see this being massive in clubs though, this is really really well made. 8.5/10

Ciaran Lyttle - Rainin' Blues.
    Yeah, so this is me again (I don't like that I've had to follow Thibault twice now by the way Homer...fuck you! haha).
    So yeah, pretty much what it says, a traditional rock/blues tune. This actually started as a tribute to one of my absolute heroes, Gary Moore. Musically it has a very Gary Moore feel, and the guitar playing is basically my best Gary Moore impression. It definitely took a different turn lyrically once the music was finished though, but I'd rather leave those for interpretation. I sampled a really great interview with Son House speaking about the blues to reinforce the lyrics. I like this song musically, but I feel like I could do a better job on it. Like a live version would be better or something. That second solo was mostly improvised, so there's a few bits I don't like, but I figured fuck it, that's the blues, just keep it. me/10

Perception Check - Dead Inside.
    This kills. I really like the transition from my track to this one, well done on the setlist here! This is really really great, again very Bad Religion. The chorus vocal in this is so fucking sweet. I feel like breaking shit. Hyped as hell. Not much else to say, just a great punk track!
    9/10

Bri - Discomfort Inn
    This is really great. I never really hear anyone do that thing you always do where you harmonise the entire track with two full vocal takes, it's a really sweet effect. Cool percussive effects on this too. I really like the lyrics in this, I must listen to the original. Your guitar playing has definitely come along too, it's a lot smoother now very cool to hear that. 9/10

Damn guys, this was awesome. I was worried about the lack of contributors but we pulled out all the stops here, I love these mixtapes and I hope they continue to happen. Well done everyone.
    Last edited by mrconeman; 01-27-2014 at 07:47 PM.
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

And in response to

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    Who You're Not
    You need to get a better microphone

in the end you just gotta go out and grab a better microphone. I'd love to hear a clearer version of this!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    Bri - Who You're Not.
    the mic quality is really letting this down, other than that though yeah this is definitely great

Just totally get some better equipment gurfrenn.

...totally just did this today:

Holy shit, my singing voice is way better than I ever thought. I'd never heard myself sing with any remotely good recording device... but at the same time, the weakness of my guitar-playing really shows with this thing because it's so sensitive and picks up every little detail.

I'm so excited today. I can't wait for the weekend when I can just really go to town with this thing! I'd been thinking about buying a mic for some time, but you guys gave me just the push I needed to go do it, so thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

FINALLY

Yeah, you'll definitely notice a lot of new things when it comes to the way you play and sing, but now you carry the responsibility of proper set up and mixing to go along with that microphone! I recommend buying a pop filter.

Also, be sure to set up your mic correctly when recording your acoustic. It should be placed (at least when I record) a few inches away from roughly the 12th fret of your guitar, pointed towards the sound hole of the guitar. Placement of the mic can affect the sound of the guitar greatly, so just play around with it.
    Last edited by Homer; 01-29-2014 at 11:38 PM.

Yay! Good stuff Bri! Very much agree with Homer, get yourself a good pop-shield (or just make something similar, I used a glove for ages) and I tend to have my mic around the 15th fret pointed at the sound hole, and also record the line in and mix the two tracks, get's a great sound!

I'll respond to some specific stuff...
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post

The Last Of The Mexicans
    Great job, and make sure you tell whoever else was a part of this what I said about the song.

Rainin' Blues
    Hey, coneman. Do you like Pink Floyd? That'd be really weird if you didn't, because this could totally be passed off as a classic by them.your talent.
    RE: Mexicans;
    Damn man, some really nice comments there, so thank you . I also definitely will tell the other two guys about the nice reactions! Also yes, do a full band cover haha.

RE:Blues; I don't think you realise how much of a compliment it is to me that you compared that track to Pink Floyd. I absolutely love Pink Floyd, and David Gilmour is pretty much my guitar idol, so I really appreciate that!

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    The Last of the Mexicans - Naturally Brewed

Well, man, you officially earned my trophy for the best song on the mixtape. This song is fucking awesome. I could do with less sampling

Rainin' Blues - Ciaran

Your Joe Satriani influence is showing 9/10
    RE: Mexicans ; Once again, just damn, thanks a lot Brianna . I did go a little overboard with the sampling haha, if you listen during the horn/guitar solos section there's a full movie seen from Young Guns in there !

RE: Blues ; Dayum. Thanks! Yeah, as you know I honestly only sing because I want people to hear my music, and there's only so much instrumental music you can write and/or listen to, so I've decided to at least have a good crack at it. I think I've definitely improved, but I have, and always will be a guitar player! I get weird conflicting feelings now though that if I ever joined a band it'd be totally weird for someone else to sing my lyrics! Thanks again guys!