Thread: Fuck fuck FUUUUCK (bad day thread)

Default Fuck fuck FUUUUCK (bad day thread)

Clearly, this is an attention whore thread. I need sympathetic comments to deal with the frustration.

So you see, I have this client. I won't explain the case because well, it's complicated and my english isn't that good. It's not criminal, it's civil and it has something to do with money she had to pay as the owner of the appartment in a building.

That woman, she's crazy. But nice crazy. Excentric would be more like it. She's my first very own client. Before that, my clients were the firm I was working in or one-time clients as an appointed lawyer.

First client, crazy, nice.

I spent countless hours on her case because I cared and I didn't want to fuck this up. Made her pay nothing compared to the work I gave but it didn't matter.

Before starting the trial (it takes about a year and half exchanging arguments in writing before you actually plead), I studied a lot and estimated our winning chances. They were SO GOOD !

written law wasn't so clear but case law was completely in my favor, the position of the Supreme court was stable since 1999.

AND IT CHANGED ! This summer. In july. The decision has been published this autumn and there goes my case.

I'm fucked.

And this is so unfair. That woman deserves to win, she paid stuff that weren't dued but the Supreme Court just decided that it couldn't apply retroactively because it would be too complicated.

Fuck.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

I get the feeling no one really knows what to say because this is obviously a really big deal. And for me it's such a grown-up, real person sort of issue that I don't have a clue how to respond except...

*hugs*

Have you tried shouting "objection"? Also I think if you can make them assert that you can't handle the truth you automatically win.

But seriously, good luck.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Hoping some good karma comes your way.
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines

2 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I get the feeling no one really knows what to say because this is obviously a really big deal. And for me it's such a grown-up, real person sort of issue that I don't have a clue how to respond except...

*hugs*

Have you tried shouting "objection"? Also I think if you can make them assert that you can't handle the truth you automatically win.

But seriously, good luck.
    Thanks anyway PIB... What made me laugh is that I wanted to make the "handle the truth" joke but couldn't find how. Glad you did

It's not that I feel sad (not for me anyway... And still, it's only money and that woman has enough to live comfortably). Afterall, you can't win them all. It's just that it extremely frustrating.

Imagine you're playing a Magic game tournament with a price of 100.000 Euros. Building your deck, you found the perfect combo, with the perfect card.
    Then, during the tournament, Wizards of the Coast suddenly decides that the card is too powerful and needs to join the Power9.
    You can't use your combo anymore, you're whole deck was based on it and now, it's gonna be terribly difficult to win anything.

That's really frustrating...

Thanks to you too Mega Man

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    Imagine you're playing a Magic game tournament with a price of 100.000 Euros. Building your deck, you found the perfect combo, with the perfect card.
    Then, during the tournament, Wizards of the Coast suddenly decides that the card is too powerful and needs to join the Power9.
    You can't use your combo anymore, you're whole deck was based on it and now, it's gonna be terribly difficult to win anything.

That's really frustrating...
    I don't think I've ever laughed as hard or as long at a post before. The way you patiently made a perfect analogy for a man-child to understand the situation was beyond amazing. Although, maybe not quite perfect. It should probably have been my first solo tournament.

In my defence though I would like to state for the record that I was aware from the start that this was about frustration :P

On the plus side you're going to get an excellent anecdote out of this. It's a poignant tale of best laid plans that you will one day be able to sagely bestow upon others with beneficent matriarchal wisdom. Just imagine when your kids* start screaming "that's not fair!" at you and you can say "fair? let me tell you a little something about fair". But in French, presumably.

*Assuming you want kids. Otherwise replace "kids" with "poodles". French people love poodles. I checked.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

1 members appreciate this post.

You two are awesome. I must show my husband your MTG comparison. Brilliance...
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

No, you MUST show him your boobs. That's like, the law, or something.

But you SHOULD show him this thread.

You say that as if you assume we wear clothes around the house, which is truly impractical, becuase it gets in the way of spontaneous sex. The UPS man loves making deliveries to our house, though I'm pretty sure that it is not me that he is interested in...
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

1 members appreciate this post.

More like the gets-it-UPS man, lolamirite?