Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scotland!

Ha... that was a typo.
    But thanks anyway.

I suspected as much but simply couldn't resist.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by mrconeman View Post
    For the love of all that is holy, do NOT order a Guinness in Scotland. In fact, you're probably better off not ordering Guiness anywhere unless you're in Ireland.Me and a few friends went to Glasgow for new years a couple of years ago, and at one of the bars, we all thought the horror stories were untrue, and ordered a round of Guinness. When the bar lady proceeded to hold the glasses straight-level under the tap, and fill it from top to bottom, we lambasted her with how that would be conceived as a war crime in our country. We then taught her how to do it properly, so if you happen to find her, yes order a Guinness, otherwise stick to Ireland.And this by the way, is how you pour a pint of Guinness properly. This is not being fussy, it does not taste like Guinness if it is not done exactly this way.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6oO4z5Q4sE
    The dad of two of my students was recently headed to Dublin for a business trip, and asked me what I thought of it. I asked him if he liked beer, and he said not really. I said, well, probably the best thing you can do in Dublin is go drink a Guinness proper. He said he doesn't like Guinness at all, and I said you haven't tried it in Ireland. Even if you don't like beer, do that.

That was like two months ago, and he still talks about it. He brought it up last week. The dude is in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    'Wide berth' is most commonly found in the phrases 'keep a wide berth of', 'give a wide berth to' etc. It was originally a nautical term. We now think of a ship's berth as the place where the ship is moored. Before that though it meant 'a place where there is sea room to moor a ship'. This derives in turn from the probable derivation of the word berth, that is, 'bearing off'. When sailors were warned to keep a wide bearing off something they were being told to make sure to maintain enough sea room from it.
    I <3 you sometimes. "Wild berth" made me laugh. What on earth has happened to Maria's English over the years??
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

"what on earth" indeed. you're not fooling anyone, you heifer.

Etc. Hang out with your gay robot skeleton, and such.

Hmm. To each their own.

Apparently I don't have to worry my pretty head over the trip, everything is being taken care of.
    Still, if you have any tips, I'll be sure to check them.

Psh. Fine, ignore the ideal Scotland travel tips. Humbug.

The neighbours are using garlic in their cooking.
    Do you think I can sue?

1 members appreciate this post.

Definitely. Just don't hire Harley or they'll change the law just to fuck with her.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

The thing is I'm not sure WHICH neighbours. I only mess with those weaker than I. Wouldn't want my head bashed in on this lovely Sunday afternoon.