Thread: Stupid answers

Default Stupid answers

They say that no question is stupid - only answers may be. That would be because ultimately we do not know who we are or how we came to be, and therefore every possible question will have an underlying reason for being asked.

But there's no doubt that some answers can be pretty stupid, and when it comes to idiocy I must say I am adept at giving out retorts ranging from the plain unhelpful to the downright silly.

One case in point is that upon being asked the difference between two things, I tend to pompously give out a "well, it is really not the same" (and only then will I elaborate, supposing I feel literate enough on the subject).

There are plenty other like cases and I would gladly talk till next day, but I think it'd be nicer if you put forth some instances of stupid answers you or people you know gave to completely legitimate questions.

Cheers!

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    They say that no question is stupid - only answers may be. That would be because ultimately we do not know who we are or how we came to be, and therefore every possible question will have an underlying reason for being asked.

But there's no doubt that some answers can be pretty stupid, and when it comes to idiocy I must say I am adept at giving out retorts ranging from the plain unhelpful to the downright silly.

One case in point is that upon being asked the difference between two things, I tend to pompously give out a "well, it is really not the same" (and only then will I elaborate, supposing I feel literate enough on the subject).

There are plenty other like cases and I would gladly talk till next day, but I think it'd be nicer if you put forth some instances of stupid answers you or people you know gave to completely legitimate questions.

Cheers!
    Maria, are you admitting to being a fool? This is very un-French of you. And I should know.

Uncharitable ribbing aside, I say "yes" and "okay" and "oui" and "putain" to every question I don't catch in crowded spaces. While on its face this is uninteresting, since there are only so many times you can answer "yes" to "how long have you known her?", I was once caught giving a deadpan yes to the suggestion that I might a Malaysian club owner's boyfriend. This was a fairly good development for me since I was moving up in the world but not necessarily for the Malaysian nightclub owner. Unbeknownst to him, he was showing me off to the Sharia police. Last I saw him he was being hauled off to "Muslim rehabilitation camp" which I'm sure was just full of lovely bottom recidivists. I've always been jealous.

I really should have answered "putain." Worn that heart on my sleeve.
    Last edited by T-6005; 01-26-2014 at 02:36 AM.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

This reads like a horror story. Didn't grasp everything, it just sounds frightening; also had no idea you were in Malaysia at some point.

And as for being a fool, who cares? As long as I don't have to describe myself as mentally handicapped when interviewed... it's really sad when you see downs' syndromed people do that. *sheds tear*

P.S.: why do I always picture Malaysians with knives behind their backs and dark, dodgy faces?

I think you're confusing them with Somalians.