Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ukraine

Hybrid View

Default The Ukraine

Their Parliament has just ousted their President. Somebody should tell them that the Europe does not have a penny. We are an impecunious lot, and some of us are on a drip. How can that be appealing to them? And really, can they not come to terms with their past? They're worse than Belgians, they really are.

Maria, magnifique, you are worse than a frog.

I'd like to see them in EU. They belong to Europe. It's not only about money. It's a long way, fight against corruption with EU's know-how. And Russia won't fuck around with them in EU.
    I drank from your hands I drank from your mouth you poured into me until I was drowned I had no breath was drunk on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    Meet HAU, the philosopher.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Dr. Hause transcends labels. He is both human and humanity.

Yes, the fight against corruption, which European leaders are waging day in, day out.

Buffoon.

It's basically two different countries. The eastern and southern regions of Ukraine are going to side and identify with Russia more than the alternative option, pretty much no matter what goes on with the parliament. Sure, their former head of state was a douchenozzle, but that doesn't necessarily mean him leaving means Russia loses this. You could even have an east/west nation split going on, two separate states. If Putin even allows that. God knows we're not going to do shit about it if he just decides to take Ukraine back.

I have nothing to contribute to this thread (though apparently neither do HAU and Maria...) except that it's "Ukraine" and not "The Ukraine".

I haven't been following the situation closely enough to have an opinion on the solution...
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

A failed state, what. Let's hope for the best... even if that means partitioning the country. Anything is better than a continuous bloodbath, no?

That said, I don't see why the Europe should bankroll a corrupt and bankrupt state. Seeing as we're not exactly rolling in it, if asked in a public poll I'd vote against it. But nobody asks our opinion, and when they do ask, they thereafter proceed to sit on it.

For me democracy and votes are like no real solution to some political crisis. Forcing a policy on a minority that ,say, absolutely hates the idea simply cannot pass with the 'but people voted and you lost!' argument. I guess if Ukraine, or any other country for that matter, has such a core conflict between political views and direction it simply has to split so each side can govern itself as it sees fit. Majority vote just sucks when people are so polarized.

Fuck splitting.
    I drank from your hands I drank from your mouth you poured into me until I was drowned I had no breath was drunk on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    Meet HAU, the philosopher.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Dr. Hause transcends labels. He is both human and humanity.

Lol I didn't even notice it was you who created the thread. That makes it even funnier.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

All bets are on.

And I'm all for splitting. That way Crimea could go back to Russia and everything would be as it should be.