Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Dexter write the drum parts after Ron left the band?

Default Did Dexter write the drum parts after Ron left the band?

I remember reading somewhere that Dexter writes the parts for every instrument. So does that mean that on the records released after Ron left (from Splinter-present), Dexter wrote all those drum parts? The drumming from Splinter on is noticeably more aggressive, intense and seemed a little more modern sounding. If Dexter wrote these parts, I'd have to give him a lot of songwriting props for successfully updating the sound of the drums in the band. I'd say it was a needed improvement, as the drum style was pretty average and typical stuff for the most part when Ron was still in the band.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

From what we know he wrote it all when Ron was in the band, too, no difference.

Obviously everyone has something to say in the band and even Dexter must know that when you have someone like Josh Freese to do your drum parts he has his own style and knows a thing or two more about drums.
    * !

Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Obviously everyone has something to say in the band and even Dexter must know that when you have someone like Josh Freese to do your drum parts he has his own style and knows a thing or two more about drums.
    you can definetly hear Josh's style in songs like Lightning rod, hammerhead, trust in you, hurting as one, dividing by zero. But also the whole albums have a different approach, even thought it still has the Offspring sound in it guided by Dexter songwriting.
    My Guitars cover channel

Batman Ninja guitars ---- > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsu...mNXVmfkL4Mi32Q

Ron actually had significantly changed his style for Conspiracy. It would've been cool to see where he'd go with the band after that, but it would probably mirror the progression they took anyways.
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter_italy View Post
    you can definetly hear Josh's style in songs like Lightning rod, hammerhead, trust in you, hurting as one, dividing by zero. But also the whole albums have a different approach, even thought it still has the Offspring sound in it guided by Dexter songwriting.
    Funny how you can hear Josh's style in a song he played no role in

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter_italy View Post
    Pete Parada plays drums on Dividing by zero, not Josh
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    Haha nice one!
    * !

I actually had the idea that Dexter wrote all the songs but the drum parts were like "Ok, Ron, the idea is this, then you make a fill here and there...", then he developed it as he seemed fit, just like Josh and Pete. Am I wrong?
    -Chuck Berry is actually a blackberry...

Quote Originally Posted by steinberg View Post
    Off spring show is the most source of entertainment in the new generation.
    -Gotta love bots...

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygene View Post
    Ok I had to go back on the booklet on it, but actually we had no previous recordings of Pete's style. I still think Pete only recorded the tracks without having a big part on the writing process. Before recording the album they do a pre-recording with demos, where I don't know but it might have been josh recording (just supposing here). The rolls and fills in dividing by zero sounded like josh. Still my fault but I still think that even if Dexter writes everything on these last albums, especially Days go by, drums have a bigger personality.
    My Guitars cover channel

Batman Ninja guitars ---- > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsu...mNXVmfkL4Mi32Q