Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Hoverboard

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cascadian Exile
    Posts
    19,600


    Default

    Hey PiB, since when was it your MO to unflinchingly mock the gullibility of an otherwise nice person? People are gonna realize you're an alt of mine.

    Llamas, a month ago you asked me if Danes really ate giraffe burgers. This shouldn't amaze you for a single second.

    Offspring-Junkie, good for you, not throwing a tantrum. Perhaps you learned a lesson from this, perhaps you didn't, whatever. Keep on trucking.

    Also the Back to the Future movies suck and Robert Zemeckis is a hack. If you think I'm wrong, tell me how much you loved his last 3 or 4 movies. God knows the world needed another film where Tom Hanks was 90% of the characters. Tom Hanks is Bill Murray from an alternate universe, and that's sad.

    Watch all the Back to the Future movies back-to-back in two days or less and tell me you didn't get bored. Of course you did, they're the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,023


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Hey PiB, since when was it your MO to unflinchingly mock the gullibility of an otherwise nice person? People are gonna realize you're an alt of mine.
    offspring junkie has been far from nice on this bbs... and has often been insane. Though he's a lot nicer now than he used to be, to be fair.

    Llamas, a month ago you asked me if Danes really ate giraffe burgers. This shouldn't amaze you for a single second.
    Why would that be an obvious joke? Slovenes eat horse burgers, Icelanders eat rotten shark, in some places bear burgers are a thing, etc, etc. I have heard of way weirder things being eaten in various places than a giraffe burger...
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cascadian Exile
    Posts
    19,600


    Default

    Eh what do I know about Offspring Junkie, I'm the most infrequent poster. Huge gaps of knowledge.

    However you were able to decide that people watching a video of a hoverboard should've realized how unrealistic it was based on basic physics. I see no qualms in expecting you to understand that giraffes aren't native to Denmark, the economics and logistics to sustain a giraffe-burger economy in Denmark would've been absurd. If you are going to hold people up to a certain standard, you should hold yourself up to that standard as well. They actually had a video for the hoverboard. You decided to take my word for it, which is fantastic and I appreciate it, but I could not resist the temptation to mislead you. My only regret is that I had to dispell this notion before you actually confronted a Dane on the taste of giraffe burgers.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,023


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Eh what do I know about Offspring Junkie, I'm the most infrequent poster. Huge gaps of knowledge.

    However you were able to decide that people watching a video of a hoverboard should've realized how unrealistic it was based on basic physics. I see no qualms in expecting you to understand that giraffes aren't native to Denmark, the economics and logistics to sustain a giraffe-burger economy in Denmark would've been absurd. If you are going to hold people up to a certain standard, you should hold yourself up to that standard as well. They actually had a video for the hoverboard. You decided to take my word for it, which is fantastic and I appreciate it, but I could not resist the temptation to mislead you. My only regret is that I had to dispell this notion before you actually confronted a Dane on the taste of giraffe burgers.
    I don't remember you replying, but anyway, I don't think I asked if there was a giraffe-burger economy, but rather if people eat it... yeah it'd be expensive as hell, but fish carpaccio is pretty damn popular here despite the fact that the meat comes from thousands of km away and you pay like 6 euros for a little thing of it at the store. Horse burgers are also not cheap here, nor is bear. And there's no industry for bear meat, but you sure as hell can find some restaurants that serve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Cascadian Exile
    Posts
    19,600


    Default

    Yeah and hovercraft have existed for decades. Why is your gullibility acceptable, but that of others is not?
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,232


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Yeah and hovercraft have existed for decades. Why is your gullibility acceptable, but that of others is not?
    For me personally, I'm gullible as hell. I have attained a level of gullibility so prodigious and so seemingly untainted by any element or modicum of acquired worldly experience and common sense, that I appear to be some mind-wiped and misplaced being from another dimension full of bizarro humanoids.

    So if I can call bullshit on something, then I think there's no fucking valid excuse on the planet for another person to believe it.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    9,904


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    I have attained a level of gullibility so prodigious and so seemingly untainted by any element or modicum of acquired worldly experience and common sense, that I appear to be some mind-wiped and misplaced being from another dimension full of bizarro humanoids.
    I don't believe you.

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    the economics and logistics to sustain a giraffe-burger economy in Denmark would've been absurd.
    I'm not getting involved in this argument but while remaining utterly neutral I have to say how much I enjoyed this sentence. I have this thing where I enjoy sentences that seem like they may be totally unique. As in, nowhere in human history or even probably the entire universe have those words ever been spoken before in that particular configuration. I dig that.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,023


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Yeah and hovercraft have existed for decades. Why is your gullibility acceptable, but that of others is not?
    Y'know, I'd say there's a pretty huge difference between seeing something that strikes you as interesting (in which someone says something about having a giraffe burger) and asking that person about said thing... and watching an obviously fake video, being convinced that it's real, sharing it with others, and then being vocally disappointed after finding out it's fake. Pretty sure literally all I did was ask if you really eat giraffe burgers. And I also completely forgot about that post until you just brought it up. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,125


    Default

    This is real, this is 3 years old and this is totally great :

    http://youtu.be/QO3dauXyQI0

    Paris Diderot is not the only university who managed that, I think there was a partnership with a Canadian and a Japanese University but I can't remember which ones.

    Hoverboards don't exist. YET.

    And let's not forget this. Which is even better because it involves trains : http://www.nydailynews.com/news/worl...icle-1.1208087

    As for Back to the Future and what wheelchairman said... I've watched the 3 of them in one night several times and only got bored at the end of the 3rd. The first two ones are absolutely great.
    ___________________________________________

    All the Beautiful Things you do

    Respect my authoritah !

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    9,904


    Default

    I have to agree with Harley regarding the Back to the Future movies. I considered defending them earlier but honestly couldn't be bothered because I was certain Harley would show up and do it.


    Also...

    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •