Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hoverboard

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Y'know, I'd say there's a pretty huge difference between seeing something that strikes you as interesting (in which someone says something about having a giraffe burger) and asking that person about said thing... and watching an obviously fake video, being convinced that it's real, sharing it with others, and then being vocally disappointed after finding out it's fake. Pretty sure literally all I did was ask if you really eat giraffe burgers. And I also completely forgot about that post until you just brought it up. :P
    Which was a very stupid question, BUT your realization in the past that you have cultural blindspots has taught you to keep an open-mind. Now not everyone has your background in science, in exactly the same way they kept an open mind (and it helps that they wanted to believe. Dunno maybe you hate giraffes.)

You can't be shocked at the ignorance of others and then use ignorance as an excuse. Well not without being a hypocrite.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

*hoverboards through the conversation*
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    For me personally, I'm gullible as hell. I have attained a level of gullibility so prodigious and so seemingly untainted by any element or modicum of acquired worldly experience and common sense, that I appear to be some mind-wiped and misplaced being from another dimension full of bizarro humanoids.

So if I can call bullshit on something, then I think there's no fucking valid excuse on the planet for another person to believe it.
    Except that's entirely ego-centric. Good for you for not falling for it. Doesn't change the fact that your expertise and weaknesses are not universal, its already been established that this tech is plausible (and not as stupid as google glass.)

I couldn't imagine a whole lot of things until I was proven wrong. I was really "stupid" enough to believe that some scientist team could have already develped a hoverboard. As well as that random people can jump on it and use it as if it's as easy to use as a segway (!).

Do you know that they flew someone to the moon in 1969? That illnesses are caused by viruses? That 98% of our genetic code is identical to a chimpanzee? That Tony Hawk can turn 900 degrees on a skateboard before he hits the ground? Unbelievable then, normal now.

Yeah, I'm still... stupid, I guess. Besides my usual paranoia and disabled state of mind.

No hatred and flame wars to be expected coming from me. Just arrogance every now and then.

I just started this thread to get you guys talking, does in need me to fall in the dirt for you to do so (arrogance alert)?
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Which was a very stupid question, BUT your realization in the past that you have cultural blindspots has taught you to keep an open-mind. Now not everyone has your background in science, in exactly the same way they kept an open mind (and it helps that they wanted to believe. Dunno maybe you hate giraffes.)

You can't be shocked at the ignorance of others and then use ignorance as an excuse. Well not without being a hypocrite.
    Nah, still not comparable at all. That's like saying someone who intentionally squashes a fly has no right to judge someone who intentionally drowns a dog. They're both acts of violence toward an animal, but they're very different. Had I been like, "Really?? Wow! That's so interesting that Danes eat giraffe!" and talked about it and truly believed it without bothering to look it up (when something is actually of interest, I look it up and read more on it), but the fact of the matter is that it was a short quick moment of curiosity that was instantly forgotten about. Now, someone who just watched that video once and thought, "Huh, they invented a hover board? That's interesting," and immediately forgot about it and went on like normal is not the kind who's left me in surprise. I'm talking about the people who freaked out and started sharing it, and then were hugely disappointed and shocked to find out it wasn't real. It's just not at all comparable.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

You're grasping at straws to prove you're not a hypocrite. I could use the same argument to say your metaphor is inaccurate as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk