Thread: 20 years since "Come Out and Play" was released as a single

Default 20 years since "Come Out and Play" was released as a single

According to a post on The Offspring's Facebook page, "Come Out and Play" was released as a single on March 10, 1994. Happy 20th anniversary!

https://www.facebook.com/Offspring/p...&stream_ref=10
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Punk Pirate View Post
    According to a post on The Offspring's Facebook page, "Come Out and Play" was released as a single on March 10, 1994. Happy 20th anniversary!

https://www.facebook.com/Offspring/p...&stream_ref=10

I'm hoping that because it is the 20th anniversary of SMASH that the rumors are true that they will play the entire album at Heavy Montreal !!!

At that time I was 6-7 years old, I didn't listen to music so I didn't know about The Offspring but I do remember when I started listening to them, I was 14 years old, the song Come Out & Play, for me, had a funny melody with that kinda egyptian sound that makes it so catchy and also being punk at the same time so I, haha this is embarrasing, danced like egyptian during that part and then started to jump like I was at their concert during the chorus part (I can't talk about how the lyric impacted me when I first listen to that song because I didn't know English at that time, that's why I only talk about the instrumental part) so that's why I always say CO&P was, is and will be an unique song with a video that really suits the style and era of the song! (I always liked CO&P and Self Esteem videos), so congratulations for this amazing song, I was reading the comments on their facebook post, it was a blast, everyone sharing it at saying how awesome the song is and the memories they have with the song, and that stuff.
    This year will be amazing 20 years of Smash, I think they are so exited with this! Long life to The Offspring!
    P.S.: Sorry if I wrote something wrong, I'm not a native English speaker.

Happy 20th anniversary to Come Out And Play

Quote Originally Posted by egagnondrolet View Post
    I'm hoping that because it is the 20th anniversary of SMASH that the rumors are true that they will play the entire album at Heavy Montreal !!!
    I hope they will play some Smash shows like they did with Ignition

Well, this was the one that really got The Offspring jumpstarted. I still hear it regularly on my local alternative station, so rock on
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines

I was 9. Heard it on z100 in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Puschka View Post
    At that time I was 6-7 years old, I didn't listen to music so I didn't know about The Offspring but I do remember when I started listening to them, I was 14 years old, the song Come Out & Play, for me, had a funny melody with that kinda egyptian sound that makes it so catchy and also being punk at the same time so I, haha this is embarrasing, danced like egyptian during that part and then started to jump like I was at their concert during the chorus part (I can't talk about how the lyric impacted me when I first listen to that song because I didn't know English at that time, that's why I only talk about the instrumental part) so that's why I always say CO&P was, is and will be an unique song with a video that really suits the style and era of the song! (I always liked CO&P and Self Esteem videos), so congratulations for this amazing song, I was reading the comments on their facebook post, it was a blast, everyone sharing it at saying how awesome the song is and the memories they have with the song, and that stuff.
    This year will be amazing 20 years of Smash, I think they are so exited with this! Long life to The Offspring!
    P.S.: Sorry if I wrote something wrong, I'm not a native English speaker.
    This is by far the best thing I've read in a while ! I can totally relate! Come out and play was also the first song I heard by them when I was 11. And the funky melody is also what got me intrigued, and opened me up to a whole other genre of music !!!! Haven't looked back since!

I cannot express how excited I am at the possibility of them playing the album fron to back at the festival!
    Hopefully will meet some fellow Offspring fans !

You didn't write anything wrong! Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by egagnondrolet View Post
    This is by far the best thing I've read in a while ! I can totally relate! Come out and play was also the first song I heard by them when I was 11. And the funky melody is also what got me intrigued, and opened me up to a whole other genre of music !!!! Haven't looked back since!

I cannot express how excited I am at the possibility of them playing the album fron to back at the festival!
    Hopefully will meet some fellow Offspring fans !

You didn't write anything wrong! Great post!
    Thank you very much! I'm glad you like my story. I hope the roumors are true and you have a blast with fellow Offspring fans at the sow!