Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: On "claiming" a decade

Haha, oh man. The Gameboy was pretty confined in its technology, but its biggest flaw was the lack of backlighting. You couldn't play the damn thing in the dark, outside in natural light, or basically anywhere other than directly under a lamp. I remember my parents bought a ridiculous and unwieldy little "kit" that I attached to my Gameboy to give it light, increased sound, and a little magnifying glass to see the screen better. If you could get around that, the games were actually highly enjoyable. I got loads of entertainment from the Mario games released on OG Gameboy.

I still have my original gameboy, I have the green one. I loved playing it the only thing I didn't like is now fast the batteries died and how you need four batteries. I turned mine on a couple years ago to see if it still works and it did. I was really surprised that it still worked.

[bragging] I think it's the good time to remind everyone that I have a signed copy of a Tetris cartridge. By Alexey Pajitnov. That I met. And who, by the way, spent 30 minutes telling me about how the Burning Man Festival was great. Which makes him even greater.[/bragging]

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Haha, oh man. The Gameboy was pretty confined in its technology, but its biggest flaw was the lack of backlighting. You couldn't play the damn thing in the dark, outside in natural light, or basically anywhere other than directly under a lamp. I remember my parents bought a ridiculous and unwieldy little "kit" that I attached to my Gameboy to give it light, increased sound, and a little magnifying glass to see the screen better. If you could get around that, the games were actually highly enjoyable. I got loads of entertainment from the Mario games released on OG Gameboy.
    Well, it didn't have a backlight because not having one gave it amazing battery life, and that was the biggest reason Gameboy defeated Game Gear so handily. Game Gear had a backlight, but its battery life was like half that of Gameboy's, and I remember Gameboy's battery life being a huge selling point.

I totally had this for my Gameboy:

It was a bit ridiculous, because though it worked well, it used an additional 4 batteries just to run a light... haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Llamas fucking nailed it, and Tiny Vessels has no idea what the original gameboy is.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Tiny Vessels has no idea what the original gameboy is.
    Her post confused me because she mentioned it being green, implying Gameboy pocket, but she also mentioned 4 batteries, and didn't Gameboy pocket only use 2 batteries?

Yes I do know what the original Gameboy is. Idk I just remember I would have to change the batteries pretty often. That could because I played it all the goddamn time tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    Yes I do know what the original Gameboy is. Idk I just remember I would have to change the batteries pretty often. That could because I played it all the goddamn time tho.
    The original Gameboy only came in grey... there was no green one.

I didn't have the gameboy pocket. I had the big original one. Like the one you posted but mine was green. Yes they did make them in green.

Note to self, don't post after you work a 11 hour day.

Really? I guess memory is failing me... I thought colors were introduced with Gameboy pocket.