Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: On "claiming" a decade

The Gameboy did come in other colors. I think it could have been one of those "end of a console's life" gimmicks. I got mine for my seventh birthday in 1995 and mine was black. I honestly can't remember if the battery life was good or not.

I also had this weird little carrying case that was shaped like a gigantic Gameboy with a handle on it. It held your Gameboy and four games -six if you took them out of their protective cases, seven if you kept one in the Gameboy. Also, did anyone have a Super Gameboy? After I got one of those things, I basically never played my Gameboy ever again unless I was on a road trip. I think they may have also played Gameboy Color games.

Llamas ! You can absolutely not compare a Game Boy and and Game Gear ! The Game Gear was colored with a real screen ! It was a tiny 8bit Master System.

Of course, it was twice as expensive and the batteries wouldn't last. But at the time, it was amazing.

I also thought that the colored Game boy (the box, not the screen) appeared with the Game Boy pocket. To me, the original was always grey. But hey, maybe memory is failing me as well...

I still have my purple game boy color and I still play my old Pokemon game and very old Zelda game sometimes... But I play a lot more on my Game Gear, that has an adaptator to play my old Master Sytem games ! Mickey - Castle of Illusions, Shinobi, Colums and Outrun !

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

There was a brief period of colorful, original design GameBoys. I see them at the used books and electronics store near my house. They are much harder to find than original gray, because most of the colors were limited editions that came out shortly before the release of the GameBoy Pocket. Certain colors are actually worth quite a bit, especially because all the 8-bit music guys like to buy them to trick out.

I still remember and love the GameBoy Pocket commercial. It was lame and awesome and I wanted one sooooo badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

The original Game Boy was grey with a green(ish) monochrome screen. I'm looking at it as I speak.

The screen was green. Though it definitely had iterations of other colours, I for one owned a yellow original huge gameboy that took four batteries.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now