Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hitting Girls

Default Hitting Girls

What is your stance on a man hitting a women in a defense situation?

I've seen studies showing that in the US, more and more girls have been in violent confrontations. As such, a situation in which a man might have to use force on a woman to diffuse a threat to him or someone else is becoming more and more common. Just wondering what people think about this.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

1 members appreciate this post.

Hitting anyone should be based on actual defense and threat level. As most girls are a lot weaker than most men, it's rare that a man is actually threatened and needs to defend himself by striking. However, if a woman is genuinely a threat and the man really needs to defend himself, he should absolutely hit her back. A man should not be beaten simply because he's not supposed to hit a woman. Nearly 1% of American men have reported being victims of domestic violence in the last year - 7.4% in their lifetime. It happens. So if a man can and needs to defend himself, he should. It's also sexist to say a man should never hit a woman.

The problem with advocating that kind of equality, though, is the likelihood of some men taking it as an excuse to hit women.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    The problem with advocating that kind of equality, though, is the likelihood of some men taking it as an excuse to hit women.
    I wouldn't worry about that. Those kind of men wouldn't need an excuse. Or, perhaps more accurately, they'll always find one. And decent men aren't going to suddenly get a taste for it.

To answer the original question I think it's pretty obvious that if you are under attack from anyone or anything you do what you need to in order to protect yourself and/or others.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I wouldn't worry about that. Those kind of men wouldn't need an excuse. Or, perhaps more accurately, they'll always find one. And decent men aren't going to suddenly get a taste for it.
    Unfortunately, that's not quite entirely true. There are plenty of men out there who admit to being in situations where they have been so angry they wanted to hit a woman, and the only reason they didn't is because they were raised to believe they should never hit a woman.

I'd hope then that it wouldn't take long before those kinds of guys were raised to never hit a woman unless it was truly self defense.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I just try not to hit anybody in general.

Only if they're talking back.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

AND weaker than you.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Well why would you hit someone stronger than you? It takes away the entire purpose of using force.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

EXACTLY Thi. Hitting someone stronger than you is just asking to get your ass kicked ten ways from Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

I think that it's always that same debate about proportionnality.

To be self-defense, the response to a threat has to be proportionnal to the said threat.

So your response to a girl punching you with all her strenght cannot be you punching her with all your strentgh when basically just try to hold her fists so that she stops might be enough.

Of course, this is just theoritical.

If the woman looks like this

And the man like this :

Completely different story.

Edit: I realize that I didn't spell "strength" correctly one single time. I'd correct it but I like it this way.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !