Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: is there a bad Offspring song?

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Living in Chaos View Post
    Worst Hangover Ever.

When You're In Prison.

Cruisin' California.

OC Guns.

These songs are so bad to my ears that I have them deleted from my iPod so that I can listen to the albums that they are on from start to finish without issue.

This is kind of what I was talking about. Splinter had some of their best music they've ever recorded, but it was a very short record, and the flow kept being broken up by songs like The Worst Hangover Ever, Spare Me the Details, and When You're in Prison. I actually like all three of those songs, because like I said before, they're not meant to be regarded in the same light as their other music. If you listen to them like you would a Bloodhound Gang song, they're entirely enjoyable (unless you just hate all things pop). But the Worst Hangover Ever is sandwiched right in between Head Around You and Never Gonna Find Me, and Spare Me the Details is between Lightning Rod and Da Hui. Splinter was just a trainwreck as far as the tracklisting went, although I enjoy like 10/12 of the songs on it.

All Along because I think it's a forgettable throwaway track that sounds like it was put together in a day and Don't Pick It Up because it's was just really silly and dorky.

1 members appreciate this post.

I think Don't Pick It Up and What Happened to You both got away with being ska-ish, but those tracks are the earliest of the band's foray into pop-punk, in my opinion. I like both of the songs, personally. I also understand that there's not much other than personal taste that's keeping me from disliking songs like All Along and thinking some of their other very punky songs are genre masterpieces. Punk music isn't usually known for being very complex and varied, but it really seems like there's something special about songs like Get It Right, Genocide, DUI (probably my absolute favorite of their punker songs), and Come Out Swinging, but something rather mundane about the others I listed in my previous post.

I think they shine the brightest when they write more alternative rock songs, like Self-Esteem, Race Against Myself, Dirty Magic, and Million Miles Away. "Pass Me By" sounds like a real mammoth of an alt rocker judging by the small snippet we've heard, so I've been frustrated for a decade about their weird trepidation in releasing that song. It's the #1 question on my mind and I wish they would tell us exactly why they're holding onto it. Dexter has stated plenty of times before that he commonly revisits older songs and reworks/tweaks them. I remember one specific example was a sort of nondescript punk song called Cogs that he only sort-of liked, but it had a small guitar part that he turned into the main riff for Come Out and Play.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldMark View Post
    I never liked "The Blurb"

All Along is a crappy song. I remember Dexter/Noodles doing a song by song interview on that album, and they could not say what the song was about because they "couldn't remember".

I also never cared much for No Breaks.

Really? I always loved No Breaks. The chorus is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    I think they shine the brightest when they write more alternative rock songs, like Self-Esteem, Race Against Myself, Dirty Magic, and Million Miles Away. "Pass Me By" sounds like a real mammoth of an alt rocker judging by the small snippet we've heard, so I've been frustrated for a decade about their weird trepidation in releasing that song. It's the #1 question on my mind and I wish they would tell us exactly why they're holding onto it. Dexter has stated plenty of times before that he commonly revisits older songs and reworks/tweaks them. I remember one specific example was a sort of nondescript punk song called Cogs that he only sort-of liked, but it had a small guitar part that he turned into the main riff for Come Out and Play.
    *Gotta Get Away, but I still agree with everything you've said. Personally, I enjoy the S/T album, but I still believe they found their sound with Ignition.
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines

Ah, right you are. Gotta Get Away. There's nothing wrong with S/T if you like '80s punk, but I just think that was the most terrible era for punk all in all.

I know they aren't meant to be taken seriously but I can't stand wdygaj, pretty fly and original prankster. When they come on I skip them without hesitation.

Fix You I should say.

Quote Originally Posted by Living in Chaos View Post
    Worst Hangover Ever.

When You're In Prison.

Cruisin' California.

OC Guns.
    I agree with you

Default All of you are wrong

It's that song in Days go By that I always skip and its so fucking lame. I don't even know the name but I just know Dexter should never write sad love songs unless he changes his approach to them. inb4 banned and/or flamed
    HAVE YOU EVER GONE AWAY with ONE HUNDRED PUNKS to have THE WORST HANGOVER EVER?
    “Trust me, mate. Stingrays can't swim backwards.”~ Steve Irwin
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    That sucks. But it's not a surprise, I read an article which says that a lot if studies show that death is really bad for your health...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    Who is Blowjob Armstrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    Condoms, you and I.
    Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic
    Cockin' and Jockin' since July 2005