Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 20th anniversary of Smash

well. No question I got that!

Also - I have to move out of California in August noooooooo - so ends my epic streak of going to as many shows as possible (Connecticut gets shows right? well hopefully in 2 years when my postdoc is done I move back).

That said, July 11, Man! I need to get into this show would be a perfect way to end the run! (I hope not to return to the days of Humboldt where I could only hear of shows from afar haha - I feel for everyone who obviously has it way worse)

edit: not going to lie I'm still bummed I missed the Ignition show haha
    Last edited by hshduppsnt; 04-08-2014 at 03:03 PM.

I think I'll be getting the vinyl/CD combo. And a shirt - those shirts are bitchin.
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines

Quote Originally Posted by hshduppsnt View Post
    well. No question I got that!

Also - I have to move out of California in August noooooooo - so ends my epic streak of going to as many shows as possible (Connecticut gets shows right? well hopefully in 2 years when my postdoc is done I move back).

That said, July 11, Man! I need to get into this show would be a perfect way to end the run! (I hope not to return to the days of Humboldt where I could only hear of shows from afar haha - I feel for everyone who obviously has it way worse)

edit: not going to lie I'm still bummed I missed the Ignition show haha
    Sorry to hear that man but thankfully you will get to see them play the first Smash show in North America

20 years... I was 11 when Smash came out and changed my life for ever! So inspiring,so unique. It felt so 'mine' to me.In contrary to my friends' music taste of heavy metal, punk rock was my style. I never wanted to be with the masses. It still gives me that energy to feel happy and alive when I am sad, sick , but also makes my happy moments even happier! Self Esteem was the first song that I listed to it, but Gotta Get Away changed everything for me! I ordered the deluxe version for ... $174.97 including shipping. I never thought that I could spend too much for a record but I won't regret it! Thank you Offspring for changing my life and all the good times when you were playing in my stereo, when I was singing your songs alone and the opportunity to meet you. Hopefully I will attend a couple of smash shows. I can't wait to listed to Something To Believe In & Not The One live!
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

Isti: your pic with dex and greg is just epic

CD version containing the original 14 album tracks from the most recent remastering
    So it's the same version Epitaph reissued some year ago (with Ignition)? Those weren't remastered at all, they just increased a bit the volume with no other adjustment. That's a bit disappointing, Smash already has a good sound but calling "remaster" something anyone can do with a common audio editor it's pretty mislabeling. That's why I was expecting something more for the 20th anniversary. I bought that edition a couple of years ago just for the different booklet...

Smash: Simply ... my favorite Offspring album!! The No 1 of all time for me. It got me into the rock music(I was 11) and the Offspring of course! Masterpiece...
    Enslave my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Smash: Simply ... my favorite Offspring album!! The No 1 of all time for me. It got me into the rock music(I was 11) and the Offspring of course! Masterpiece...
    Seems like all the Greeks got into Offspring at the same age :P except of Anditko
    www.theoffspring.eu unofficial european fanclub with the most completed discography and thousands of live downloads

I ordered mine too, can't wait to have it! I didn't met Smash in 1994, I was 7 and I guess I didn't listened to radio at that age, but the album was new for me in 2002, when I became a fan of them, and I remember jumping all around with friends pretending to be at their concert because at that time I couldn't imagine I was going to be at one of their shows. I still remember that time of my life every time I listen to "What Happened To You?" and "Nitro", so to resume listening to Smash brings me memories of things that I lived in 2002-2003. Also Smash was the first album I got.

Quote Originally Posted by Greekoldfan View Post
    Seems like all the Greeks got into Offspring at the same age :P except of Anditko
    Oh yes! I was 9 or 10 when I first listened to "come out and play" and "self esteem" and then smash was my first cd! Amazing...
    LIVING WITH OFFSPRING HEART...

Quote Originally Posted by FOXMAN View Post
    Oh yes! I was 9 or 10 when I first listened to "come out and play" and "self esteem" and then smash was my first cd! Amazing...
    I didn't know that you are Greek