Thread: I went to see my friend lose his virginity in public

Default I went to see my friend lose his virginity in public

I drank from your hands I drank from your mouth you poured into me until I was drowned I had no breath was drunk on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    Meet HAU, the philosopher.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Dr. Hause transcends labels. He is both human and humanity.

If you're going to continue to post random links without even bothering to say anything you might as well just make a single thread to dump them all in.

Or could actually say something about the links you're posting and maybe try to start an actual discussion.

I'm just saying you've got options other than being a borderline spamtroll.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    If you're going to continue to post random links without even bothering to say anything you might as well just make a single thread to dump them all in.

Or could actually say something about the links you're posting and maybe try to start an actual discussion.

I'm just saying you've got options other than being a borderline spamtroll.
    PIB, you should go play my subway game, by the way.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

I wasn't interested in this article until the end.

This type of event strikes me as the kind of performance art that comes with a subtitle claiming that it "plays with the boundaries between shame, sexuality and innocent in an increasingly impersonal and automated society." It doesn't help that the article writer really wants this kind of thing to come across as counter-cultural and transgressive.

I was interested in the artist saying "I never want to have sex," though, although I almost wish I could ignore that it's followed by some pithy comment about channeling art. This kind of performance coming from a place of asexuality would be interesting - immersing an element in a biological-cultural drive and watching it remain inert. It would be a strange experience, and probably deeply alienating.

Still, I have been coming back towards visual and performance fine art recently - I felt rather exhausted by exhibits and performances that had taglines like "Gyration: an exploration of muscle memory, humiliation and performance." I recently got drawn back into some of the Surrealist works through a lot of the people they inspired, like Beckett or Jodorowsky, and I find myself wondering what the disconnect is between the apparent vibrancy of that movement and the quite frankly generally insipid nature of many pieces made today. Is it just a question of saturation? Perhaps surrealism was equally headache-inducing at the time, but only the most significant figures have survived - time has whittled away the clearly mediocre. Or is it just this sort of "end-of-history" mindset made large? It seems like there's no longer any perception of the future in art unless it's dystopic or apocalyptic. Could you make Star Trek today? I think not.

As usual I got really far afield, really fast. I don't like this, for the record. I'm probably not "supposed to," and I think that's problematic for entirely different reasons, but I do find that the artist's comment on a lack of physical sex raised an interesting viewpoint. I guess that's something.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Public sex makes Harley think of the subway.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    Public sex makes Harley think of the subway.
    I always thought that people running through the same subway hall, as fast as possible looked a lot like spermatozoids.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

1 members appreciate this post.

I say, that's great, what about yours? Thinking of losing it anytime soon?