Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If your friend is attacked in front of you, do you feel obligated to do something?

Look at all the big goddamn heroes in this thread. You guys have no idea what you'd do unless it's already happened a few times. If you don't know who you are, you can't possibly predict what your actions will be when the blood's up and you're standing there with a gut full of fear. All of you, except maybe thibault and a couple of the other homeless alcoholics, are pretty much describing fantasies of heroism. You don't know who you truly are.

I know who I am. Any of my friends get attacked in front of me, and they're on their fucking own. No shame, no regrets.

it's cute how you seem to know more about everybody than themselves.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

You could prove me wrong by regaling us with stories of all the times you've rescued your friends in streetfights. I'm always willing to admit when I'm wrong.

If he started it, then he can finish it. If it's some drunk dude looking for trouble, sure, I'd help him out, but only if he's getting his ass handed to him.
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines

2 members appreciate this post.

I'm just saying, had it been me in that situation, it would've gone down differently. I would've broken everybody's arms. I guess you could say, their favorite band is the Offspring.

The criticism Justin made, I think is valid. If you haven't been in a dangerous situation you don't know how you'd react, various parts of your brain seemingly go on auto-pilot. Kinda like how Mega Man's view of a bar room brawl seemingly has more to do with fighting in Final Fantasy than in real life. (Bro, your HP is low, I'm coming in with FIREBALL).

A friend of mine recently went cuckoo-fucking-bananas because he sucks and loved taking mushrooms. The only way to get him forcefully committed was to go down to his place. I asked two very good friends to come with. One guy pussied out pretty hardcore and had his girlfriend make him promise not to go. The other guy said yes because he was completely unaware of the danger. I went, aware of the danger, but hardly feeling brave. Just cause you can physically force your hand into a flame, doesn't mean you're not aware of how much burns suck. It should be mentioned however that the friend who said yes, he's a pretty big guy. I was trying very much to make the best of the resources I had available. The guy pretty much split town after the police arrived though. Shitty system, but at least he's some other EU country's problem and not mine anymore.

The point being, the guy who pussied out hardcore, pretty disappointing. But I don't hold it against him, it is a normal reaction and he would've been as good as me in a fight (that is to say, not very.) if you haven't been in a position to make that choice, it sounds stupid when you make that decision hypothetically. It also sticks out like an outdated Italian stereotype.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

1 members appreciate this post.

Wait, when did this thread stop being about Emilio Estevez? You guys suck.

Harley, let's go fight crime.

Edit: I mean like Batman and Robin. Not in your capacity as a lawyer. Unless a whole damn courtroom is out of order and they can't handle the truth. Actually that sounds like more fun than fighting. Let's play lawyers now.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

All I'm saying is that my friends are really important to me, since we all had this detention together. So of course I'd defend them, not matter what.

We can play lawyers if you want but I can't play Batman and Robin. I'm Harleyquiiinn !

Can we be like... Sam and Al ?

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

Oh boy.

I guess Baldwin and Wheelchairman just see us as they want to see us - in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain...and an athlete...and a basket case...a princess...and a criminal...does that answer Bighead's question?
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

That stopped being funny after the first reply, and you should feel ashamed.

Oh yeah? Well you stopped being funny ages ago. And since you were much, much funnier than me that means you fell farther and should be more ashamed. Pwned. No, really, that counts as a BBS pwn now. The bar has really dropped since your day. Again, your fault. Feel the shame, baby.

If you can't summon a little trademark vitriol I'm afraid this is as good as it gets.