Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obama seems like a cool guy

1 members appreciate this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    reminiscent of a paranoid schizophrenic. Because they are.
    This is quite accurate.

Also, you made proper use of a semi-colon - start using "whom" and I'll be feeling as though I've got some competition round these parts
    Last edited by Llamas; 05-13-2014 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    you made proper use of a semi-colon
    Aww, thanks for noticing! A few days ago I decided I really needed to research the proper use of the winky bits in winky-faces and this was probably my first time confidently applying my new-found powers. So I'm not kidding (though I probably should be) when I say I'm literally excited that you brought attention to it

start using "whom" and I'll be feeling as though I've got some competition round these parts
    Trust me, if I was competing round your parts you'd definitely be feeling it. Nonsensical yet sleazy statements ftw. Bonus points for directing them at a lesbian.

Oh yeah, but what I wanted to say is that I drop a whom-bomb every once in a while. I just feel the biggest guns of my pretentious arsenal should be used sparingly.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

4 members appreciate this post.

Ughhhh, why am I even doing this. It's like screaming into a hole in the ground. But fine, let's address what MOTO13 has said. Please hold questions and comments until the end of the ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    So everyone knew what intelligence was gathered by the US military and CIA? Let's take the WMD fiasco. Why would they (Iran) be refining uranium and plutonium? No reason other than nuclear weapons.
    The IAEA report you are likely referencing has been roundly criticized by experts since it deals entirely with developments before 2003 (this is a full 8 years before the report was released, you will note) and provides no new information. What fun! Let's also ignore that in 2012 the US itself said that Iran was developing its nuclear capacity but had no intention of building weapons. Why would they want them, I wonder, aside from the obvious fucking answer.

Can you imagine what would happen is these people got long range nuclear capability? I mean these middle east pigs have zero respect for human life and hate the west. Just getting the nuclear bomb is the first step, then getting the ability to launch it is another, I understand.
    Iran disbanded its first nuclear program (a program established and aided by the US and Western Europe) willingly and without being asked under Ayatollah Khomeini, who considered such programs immoral and too dangerous.

Iran is a signatory to all three major global WMD treaties - the Biological Weapons Convention, the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons Convention, and the Nuclear non-Proliferation Treaty.

One nation you won't see on any of those three lists, by the way, is Israel, commonly seen as an apartheid state even by ex-American Presidents, and only too happy to use white phosphorus munitions over densely populated civilian areas. Here's a nice little snippet of its effects. White Phosphorus, by the by, is routinely considered a WMD. Other groups accused of using white phosphorus in violation of international conventions include the US (in Fallujah) and anti-Saddam Kurdish revolutionaries in 1991. The biggest arms supplier to the shining beacon of morality that is Israel? If you guessed the United States, there's a nuclear bomb in it for you!

See, the middle east is like a great big fucking retarded-insane person with zero conscience. You never know what is going through their frigging mind.
    Iran has not invaded another nation in over 300 years. The most important military actions of the last century have included being invaded by the Allies as a neutral country in WWII and being attacked by Iraq after its revolution in 1979. Fun fact - a UN dossier circulating at the time of the Iran-Iraq War claimed that chemical weapons were in common use, but failed to mention that only US-backed Iraq was using them.

After the 9/11 attacks (about a year and a half after, in 2003), Iran offered to re-open formal diplomatic relations (cut in 1979 after the CIA-backed Shah was ousted in the Islamic Revolution) in what they called a "Grand Bargain" which would resolve all of the outstanding issues between the US and Iran, including the US's fear of Iran sponsoring terrorism and developing its nuclear program further. The US responded by including Iran in its 'axis of evil' along with Iraq and the shitty Korea - which, considering the history of war and antagonism between Iran and Iraq, is nothing short of hilarious.

"But how do we know they're not working on these things in secret?" I hear you ask. That's a very good question, MOTO13, I'm glad you asked. It's not like the US has a recent history of unreported mass surveillance, the extrajudicial killing of an American minor, the purposely incorrect reporting of other countries having WMDs, as well as the invasion of a country that had nothing to do with 9/11. Let's definitely focus on what those other guys may be doing first, instead of what's definitely happening at home.

You will note that all of that is sourced, unlike a single thing you have said.

I'm not a fan of Obama. I wasn't a fan of Bush. As far as irrational American exceptionalism goes, they're just about the same - they're dangerous figureheads who assure us that they're making the hard choices. But the problem is systematic, not individual. It doesn't matter if making the call is hard if it'll be made no matter who's sitting in the chair. Your system of government is corrupt and broken.

Hey, don't worry. So is Iran's. But do you know what Iran doesn't do? They don't do the equivalent of sending ships for naval exercises in the Gulf of Mexico.

Iran's leaders are extreme, corrupt and completely untrustworthy, and they're making life miserable for Iranians. But the US's leaders are extreme, corrupt and completely untrustworthy, and they're messing shit up for everyone. The current Iranian government exists because of a populist reaction to a US-installed dictator. North Korea exists today because the US and USSR were playing their Great Game with the Koreas during the Cold War and one collapsed. Al-Qaeda exists because the United States supported a group of mujahideen in Afghanistan against the Soviets in the late 70s and early 80s, training them and arming them.

Yeah, they're all monsters. You might be right there. But they're all American monsters.
    Last edited by T-6005; 05-13-2014 at 08:25 PM.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

It's real simple...I don't trust the middle east to be anything more than a shit hole bastion for terrorist activity. Run by tyrants at the expense of their own citizens lives. Allowing them any type of product that could possibly lead to them having nuclear weapon capability is asking for trouble. The ME has been a sore spot on the planet for decades. You have to keep them on a very short leash. And, if it weren't for America, it's economy and it's military, most of the planet would be a far worse place.

I'm a fan of non-corrupt and systematic European politicians like T-6005, PIB and Llamas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duskygrin View Post
    Meet HAU, the philosopher.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Dr. Hause transcends labels. He is both human and humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    Ughhhh, why am I even doing this. It's like screaming into a hole in the ground.
    Even though explaining this stuff to MOTO is a lost cause, it wasn't a waste of your effort. Lots of informative stuff there. I at least appreciated the effort you put in and learned a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I at least appreciated the effort you put in and learned a bit.
    Ditto .
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks

Glad you guys liked it. I had a sequel planned for the latest rash of MOTO13's entirely false points. Unfortunately since he failed - literally failed - to even grant a single one of my entirely fact-based points the slightest regard and instead led into some stupid bullshit like "well they suck and that's always been a shitty part of the world since we kept invading their countries and turning them against us and when we created Israel in 1948 by literally dissolving another nation" and oh wait that's not what he said at all because he's a fucking idiot.

MOTO13, for real. It takes about ten minutes to check literally everything you have said. No one trusts the Middle East except the Middle East. Fun fact - no one trusts the West except the West, either. Why has it been a shithole for decades? Look into it - I beg you. You may accidentally fall into a hole and learn something.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Ya Obama is really a cool guy.

The whole thing with Obama is he is a likeable guy. He's eloquent, he's a good family man, and I think he has all the right intentions.

But honestly, I don't really believe a fucking thing he says anymore, y'know? It's not that he's intentionally screwing everyone over, I think he actually believes the stuff he puts out there, but it's like he doesn't quite grasp the realities of how it all works when put into practice. He's obviously an intelligent, learned man, but it kind of ends there as far as "governing".

I just kinda feel like if he'd waited a decade or two, actually had some more experience at actually...you know, running things, working in the Senate to get stuff done, learning how it all works in a practical sense, he probably could have been really good. But as it is? It all just seems like he's attacking everything in a purely academic sense, without any real sense of how it all plays out practically.