Thread: questions about Baghdad & The Were Born To Kill

Default questions about Baghdad & The Were Born To Kill

I know these are referred to as "bootlegs" but I can never find out more about them than that. I own both but it seems like with such early releases that the band must have had a hand in it. I assume I just don't understand and that there is a very simple explanation, anyone?

1 members appreciate this post.

Baghdad is not a bootleg; it is indeed an official release, and did more for the band than their album did.

They Were Born to Kill is most often referred to as a bootleg, but sometimes as an "official" EP. No one's even certain on the release date, but it's generally thought to be 1991. As far as I know, no one's confirmed it as a bootleg one way or the other. The band didn't necessarily need to be involved, since the tracks were just taken from the B-side of their 1988 demo tape, which was distributed locally by the band. The artwork (and font) was from the 1987 movie, The Offspring. Even the title, They Were Born to Kill was jacked from the tagline of the movie as well. From that alone, I say it's a bootleg.
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines

Default info finally :)

yah that makes sense. I have recently been in touch with an old friend/roadie for the band I will ask him if he knows anything about They were born to kill. but based on everything you just said it certainly does seem like a bootleg.

Default Roady told me...

Yup you were right. Said it was a complete bootleg the band had nothing to do with it. I asked I'm if hey were pissed or of there was anymore of a story behind it but he hasn't answered yet. I will post here if there is anything interesting.

Cool! Definitely always open to hear more about it. It's really an oddity being such an early bootleg; the Offspring had barely even taken off at that point in their career.
    Night brings bad dreams
    Bad dreams and guillotines