Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Offspring vs. Green Day

1 members appreciate this post.

green day just seem a little too preachy for me. like for some reason they think they're the saviors of america and punk itself. and don't get me started on the musical

The Offspring. I have heard the full discography of Green Day three times and I can't find something better than The Offspring. The Offspring sound is more ...aggressive than Green Day's. There are many Green day songs I like but the Offspring sound just lift me up. It was a surprise for me when I found that Green Day are more popular than The Offspring. For example on Facebook the Green Day page has 30.000.000 likes and the Offspring page has just 5.000.000. As it seems most people have different opinion from me.
    Last edited by Defender; 05-27-2014 at 04:27 AM.
    Enslave my mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    The Offspring. I have heard the full discography of Green Day three times and I can't find something better than The Offspring. The Offspring sound is more ...aggressive than Green Day's. There are many Green day songs I like but the Offspring sound just lift me up. It was a surprise for me when I found that Green Day are more popular than The Offspring. For example on Facebook the Green Day page has 30.000.000 likes and the Offspring page has just 5.000.000. As it seems most people have different opinion from me.
    the simplest answer is that green day broke also after the social networks did, the offspring didn't And it's not a "like" to make a band better than the other we know for sure that eheh
    My Guitars cover channel

Batman Ninja guitars ---- > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsu...mNXVmfkL4Mi32Q

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter_italy View Post
    And it's not a "like" to make a band better than the other we know for sure that eheh
    Agreed. A "like" doesn't mean anything for sure. However the 30.000.000 "likes" against 5.000.000 is a sample of popularity. That makes me surprised. I always believed the opposite.
    Enslave my mind...

just by a hair, but offspring are in the lead

Well, I think the reasons why green day is more famous than the offspring are:
    Lyrics,green day's lyrics are basically about Being in love and stuff,about girls,drugs,etc ..
    The offspring has always wanted to be under public eye, I think they don't like to be that famous like green day,lady gaga,beyonce and stuff
    Green day has won a lot of awards
    Green day has more TV appearances
    Green is more poppy - comercial than the offspring

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrosky View Post
    Well, I think the reasons why green day is more famous than the offspring are:
    Lyrics,green day's lyrics are basically about Being in love and stuff,about girls,drugs,etc ..
    The offspring has always wanted to be under public eye, I think they don't like to be that famous like green day,lady gaga,beyonce and stuff
    Green day has won a lot of awards
    Green day has more TV appearances
    Green is more poppy - comercial than the offspring
    Another reason Green Day is more famous is that "Dookie" came out first, just two months before "Smash", and they were the first band to bring punk back to the mainstream.
    Last edited by Mr. Punk Pirate; 05-27-2014 at 11:34 AM.
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

There's no way I can choose other band, I'll vote always for The Offspring. Now: COAP 50,25% vs BC 49,75%

Not really a fan of Green Day but I do like Basket Case a lot, more than COAP. Quite a pickle..

I think they're both great bands, though I prefer Offspring. I've only seen Green Day once, at the Warped Tour around 2000 or so, and they put on a good life show. Offspring have put on a good show every time I've seen them.

As for popularity--both bands were in about the same boat before American Idiot came out. They both had incredibly popular and successful records, Smash and Americana for Offspring and Dookie for Green Day, but mainstream popularity was waning. American Idiot struck a chord with the public, for whatever reason; that was a massively successful album, and it brought Green Day back to arenas. They've managed to make the popularity from American Idiot last, staying in the news with their musical, and generating publicity for their next album, a sequel to American Idiot. But that album didn't sell as well, and people are less interested, in seems, in their new stuff. I'd suggest that if that one album hadn't caught on like it did, they'd be more even with Offspring nowadays, popularity-wise.

Not that it really matters.