Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Offspring Q&A Thread

Question The Offspring Q&A Thread

Here is a thread to ask all Offspring related questions! I thought that it would be a neat idea because over on Green Day Community they have something like this. I know I have some questions myself

Does anyone know of any live performances of Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom or Secrets From The Underground?

Quote Originally Posted by RiseAndFall View Post
    Does anyone know of any live performances of Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom or Secrets From The Underground?
    They played Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom once in Japan in 2008 but there is no recording of it

Secrets From The Underground was played twice in 2012 in New York and Japan you can download the mp3 from Japan here

theoffspring.eu/media/audio-bootlegs/index.php?dir=2012%2010%2021%20Cruising%20Tokyo%20 Shinkiba%20Studio%20Coast-Tokyo%2CJapan/&file=16%20Secrets%20from%20the%20Underground.m p3

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    They played Let's Hear It For Rock Bottom once in Japan in 2008 but there is no recording of it

Secrets From The Underground was played twice in 2012 in New York and Japan you can download the mp3 from Japan here

theoffspring.eu/media/audio-bootlegs/index.php?dir=2012%2010%2021%20Cruising%20Tokyo%20 Shinkiba%20Studio%20Coast-Tokyo%2CJapan/&file=16%20Secrets%20from%20the%20Underground.m p3
    Thanks!

Thanks!
    no problem

How many interviews do we have where the band talks about song meanings? There's a lot of questions I have about the meaning of songs such as Come Out Swinging and Lightning Rod

Default fan names

is there a widely used term for the fans. ie: "offspringers" lol

Red face Fan names in south america: Argentina

Quote Originally Posted by DanBokma View Post
    is there a widely used term for the fans. ie: "offspringers" lol
    In Argentina, we say "Offspringueros" o "La Patria Offspringuera".

Regards

How many interviews do we have where the band talks about song meanings? There's a lot of questions I have about the meaning of songs such as Come Out Swinging and Lightning Rod
    There's a few on YouTube from when they released their Greatest Hits album. They had a DVD to go along with it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXNIp5HgW3g
    ^^ that's one about Gotta Get Away.

There are others you'll find in the suggestions that'll accompany that video, but it's just for all of their singles on the Greatest Hits album.

I know a long time ago on the old Offspring site (maybe around 1999-2000?) Dexter used to have journals he would post song meanings to, and I remember not too long ago someone on this BBS found the link, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Maybe someone who sees this will know what I'm talking about. I remember one of the songs was "Staring At The Sun".

Quote Originally Posted by OffspringFreakess View Post
    There's a few on YouTube from when they released their Greatest Hits album. They had a DVD to go along with it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXNIp5HgW3g
    ^^ that's one about Gotta Get Away.

There are others you'll find in the suggestions that'll accompany that video, but it's just for all of their singles on the Greatest Hits album.

I know a long time ago on the old Offspring site (maybe around 1999-2000?) Dexter used to have journals he would post song meanings to, and I remember not too long ago someone on this BBS found the link, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Maybe someone who sees this will know what I'm talking about. I remember one of the songs was "Staring At The Sun".
    Hm, sounds cool. I hope someone knows more about it. Thanks